Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is an indigenous petroleum products service company in Nigeria that has established itself as a major company in the oil and gas industry, with extensive experience in oilfield services. Incorporated in 2016, they have become one of the largest providers of petroleum products and services. Their fleet serves the global oil, gas, and renewable energy industries managed by our operational and marketing office in Lagos.
Job Position: Business Development Executive (Oil and Gas)
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- As a Business Development Executive, you help the company build strategic partnerships with other companies and increase revenue. The goal is to lead initiatives that touch upon strategic planning, marketing, and sales.
- You will work closely with engineers and provide technical knowledge during business planning. Generate leads, manage customer and partner relationships, and close deals.
- You identify customer markets, monitor industry trends, conduct competitor analyses, and craft business plans.
- Research companies for potential merger and partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with Operations Manager and Managing Director to determine ideal business opportunities to pursue.
- Developing growth strategies and plans.
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients.
- Increasing client base.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition.
- Writing business proposals.
- Negotiating with stakeholders.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally.
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements.
- Following up on new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports.
- Providing management with feedback.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with prospects.
- Cold call as needed to ensure a strong pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet possible prospects by increasing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Attend Oil and Gas functions, for example, association events and conferences to gain new networks and prospects.
- Utilizes Area Manager for sales support as needed.
- Ensure that sales data and updates are accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM.
- Drives and manages the implementation of a strategic sales plan for targeted prospects; utilizing necessary resources within the company.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience. Engineering Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of technical sales or field sales support experience in the oil and gas market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (emails, value-added recommendations, proposals, etc.).
- Effective in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Vast technical and commercial knowledge of the oil and gas market.
- Have a history of success selling services.
- Have established oil and gas field contacts.
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset.
- Capability to identify needs and develop real-world solutions.
30th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.