Maisha Meds is an organisation dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years have grown to support over 1.5 million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Job Position: Business Development Management Trainee
Job Location: Lagos
- We’re looking for enthusiastic and diligent Business Development Interns who will join our team with a focus on growing our customer base.
- The candidate should have experience in sales and customer acquisition, lead generation, and converting sales.
- Should be familiar with Hubspot or other CRM tools.The BD Intern should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, love working with and interacting with customers, and contributing to creating a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds.
- You should be a good communicator,be a team player and have the ability to collaborate.
- This role is based in Lagos and you will report to Sales Manager.
- We want this role filled immediately, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Adeptly plan and organize yourself and your selling activities daily and weekly
- Map facilities, conduct regular outreach, and foster a network for referrals to generate leads
- Present, promote and sell our software and the corresponding hardware using a question-led, active listening approach to selling
- Expertly master our product knowledge to accurately inform and educate prospective customers
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- On our CRM, HubSpot, regularly track your activities, deals and pipeline
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Utilize app analytics to track user behavior, sales trends, and areas for improvement..
- Onboard new users and customers, ensuring effective app usage
- Academic qualifications: a B.Sc or HND in any discipline
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience in sales, preferably tech sales to B2B and SMEs
- Tech conversant and ability to quickly learn and become a proficient user of both our app and internal tools.
- Active listening skills..an ability to listen to customers when selling to understand their challenges and how we help solve them
- Experience with sales processes and CRM systems a plus
- Excited and energetic to work tirelessly on acquiring customers on the field
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- Applicants must reside in any of these LGAs – Amuwo-Odofin, Ojo, Ajeromi-Ifelodun. You would not move on to the next stage if your residential address is not in any of these LGAs.
- A team player who loves working collaboratively
- A sense of optimism, flexibility, and adaptability to any situation
- An ability to thrive in ambiguous situations due to your resilience and tenacity
- A growth mindset and a deep enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and continuous improvement
- A blend of passion, humility, patience, and a good sense of humor
- A tendency to roll up your sleeves in order to move projects forward.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online