Palmpay is a Pan-African Fintech organisation currently operating in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania and expanding to other markets this year. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
Job Position: Business Development Manager (Loan)
Job Location: Lagos
- The role holder will be responsible for the Business Development of the Flexi Product for PalmPay Limited.
- This position will be in charge of the Business engagement for Flexi, sourcing for funding, post-loan disposal of assets, Flexi calculation, and strategies for growth, with duties including market research, and recommending upgrades when necessary.
- Ultimately, the role holder will direct the executive team on the best processes to attain set goals.
- Drive Business engagement with partners to derive strategic partnerships for funding and delivery of Flexi (Cooperate Lending and Co-Lending)
- Identifying viable business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted sales strategies.
- The ultimate success of the Flexi Business: sustainable product-market fit and profitability
- Manage Flexi products portfolio.
- Manage post-loan asset disposal.
- Drive engagements of partners for loan collection outsourcing and asset package sale.
- Essential capacity building in Auto-deduction, credit investigation, and external data research.
- Product reporting and analysis for informed decision making.
- Assist the Risk and Compliance Department with the NPL management and reporting.
- Develop new products generating new business opportunities by performing market research to identify customer needs/trends and opportunities.
- Assess market competition by comparing the unsecured lending proposition to competitors’ products across offerings, processes, customer experience, and portfolio quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Business Development and credit.
The post holder must demonstrate appropriate skills and experience which will enable him/her to deliver against the main purpose and key responsibilities of the role. More specifically, the competencies required to succeed in the role:
- Proven experience in Business Development or similar leadership roles.
- Sound Knowledge of Credit and lending trends to build organizational strategy.
- Ability to conduct analyses and research.
- An in-depth understanding of Credit assessment, and credit risk criteria.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Understand the 5 Cs of lending
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online