Resource Intermediaries Limited (RIL) is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. We focus on three key areas; Human Resource Management, People Placement and Learning & Development.
Job Position: Business Development Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) is tasked with profitably expanding market share in specified strategic markets and accounts, with a focus on beverage labeling in Nigeria and the West Africa cluster.
- The BDM, experienced in navigating complex decision-making processes, contributes significantly to strategy planning in converting and packaging segments. Approximately 50% of their time is spent tactically visiting customers to enhance existing operations and acquire new accounts.
- The BDM evaluates and promotes new business opportunities, acts as an expert on product performance, and collaborates on launching products in Nigeria. Presentation skills are crucial, and the BDM serves as a consultant to stakeholders, understanding industry trends and market forces.
- Profitably grows market share through acquiring new business at new customers and new applications at existing accounts.
- Meets annual budget growth objectives by closing qualified new business opportunities.
- Maintains a healthy new business pipeline of new opportunities in line with the annual growth plans.
- Skillfully utilizes the company’s sales process to find, qualify and close new business.
- Sells at optimum value and margin to meet agreed profit targets.
Maintain Business in Existing Accounts:
- Develop trusting and productive relationships with the key decision-makers in the account. Is able to develop relationship maps and maintain in SFDC under contact records.
- Understands market trends and offers solutions to customer ensuring expectations are met.
- Collaborating with the customers to review the business performance during formal business review meetings.
- Gathers business intelligence to understand possible threats and mitigates the same.
- Collaborating with global team/s especially tobacco to grow and maintain tobacco sector business within the company.
Manages activities related to identifying new business opportunities:
- Is technically independent and competent enough to manage running own technical demonstrations- and able to produce technical reports.
- Manages own time by focusing efforts on the blue-chip opportunities.
- “Opens the door” at potential customers, develops and explains the company’s value proposition.
- Helps customers to select appropriate products for various applications.
- Ensures customers are fully aware of the value delivered.
- Evaluate and establish relationships with potential partners, such as application equipment providers, OEMs, Industry associations to achieve a deeper market penetration.
- Evaluates customer requirements within the overall context of the market, i.e. applicability of similar products and projects for other customers.
- Support opportunities related to regular business and support successful closure
Develop and improve value offering:
- Capture customer requirements (VOC) and help translate them into value propositions.
- Collect data supporting value propositions at customers Monitor and document the offered values in continued business.
- Ensures customer projects are on time and on budget.
Work on Product Portfolio:
- Manage product program in the segment and define the GOTO product portfolio.
- Completes detailed customer requirements with appropriate business to ensure understanding of requirements and CTQ’s as necessary for R&D / Technical Service.
- Capture trends from industry and translate them into new product or service developments and innovative offerings.
- Propose and lead suggested price positioning in the segment in cooperation with business manager.
- Support product complexity reduction exercise lead by Marketing.
Interaction and communication with internal stakeholders
- Seeks input from SAM’s , Business colleagues and sales to develop segment strategy.
- Partners with all stakeholders to establish priorities, service levels and deliverables.
- Provides, summarizes, analyses and processes relevant customer and market information using SFDC and other information sources.
- Coaches and influences senior sales colleagues.
- Partners with Marketing, Technical Department and R&D to ensure voice of the customer is received and acknowledged.
- Provides supporting resources & intelligence to sales teams to respond to customer’s requests.
- Expertly communicates across the business on all internal and external activities, in line with the strategic plan.
- Provides regular updates to all stakeholders.
- Is aware of the forecasting.
- Partners with an expert colleague from the Technical Department on specific issues
Budgetary / Financial Accountability:
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing the business in selected strategic accounts according set budgets on defined markets.
- Sales Budget in Euros
- Profitability is measured as percent (%) contribution margin.
- New accounts won.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Technical with postgrad marketing (or equivalent through experience).
- 5+ years’ experience in sales and marketing of adhesives or related sales.
- Proven track record of successful market development with a minimum of 5 years technical sales experience.
- Expert in the value selling process with good understanding of B-2-B selling process.
- Ability to harness and manage important business relationships.
- Outstanding commercial and communication skills at all levels of contacts: Executive, Middle Management, Production floor.
- Understanding of basic financial metrics such as Operating Profit, Margins and Working Capital.
- Significant industry standing. Considered an expert in technical Adhesives.
- Fluent in English language, with other additional European languages a plus.
- Ability to work in a team with different cultures and nationalities.
- Ability to travel with region – between 50-60% time.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of adhesives performance and applications of product range within 6 month period.
- Ability to work from a home office.
- High ethical standards – must meet HBF Minimum
- Selling/marketing or technical experience with industrial multi nationals
- Ability to lead and influence internal stakeholders in any function
- Willingness to move to different countries to work
- Experience in more than one market/application/geography
- Experience in selling adhesives into multinational companies
- Fluency in English and Swahili – French would be an added advantage.
- N1,200,000 (negotiable)
20th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.