Sambus Geospatial Limited is a seasoned geospatial intelligence company with over 30 years of professional service experience in the industry. We are the official distributor for ESRI and Harris Geospatial, authorized dealer for Trimble and Wingtra drone in Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Gambia, Gabon, Sierra Leone, and Equatorial Guinea where we offer expertise in the deployment of geospatial solutions across many industries.
Our vision is to be the preferred geospatial innovator in West Africa while our mission is to be the distinguished organization in applying and advancing geospatial knowledge and technology for effective planning, management, operations, and enhanced decision-making in West Africa. Sambus leads the market in West Africa as the geospatial solution provider, accounting for over 90% of GIS software sales.
Job Position: Business Development Manager
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The Business Development & Channels Manager (BD&C Manager) is responsible for identifying new business opportunities, marketing and promoting the company’s brand and building high levels of engagement with the company’s customers and stakeholders.
- The BD&C Manager must identify and generate new business opportunities that contribute to the company achieving its revenue, profitability and business growth objectives. Key to doing achieving this includes building long-term relationships with the user company’s community and key stakeholders.
The job responsibilities for the BD&C Manager role are:
- Market and customer research: To lead market research into the company’s product/market to gather business intelligence relevant for enhancing the businesses operations, market position and reputation.
- This includes but is not limited to: Following industry trends locally and internationally and accumulating business and market intelligence
- Drawing on research insights and business intelligence to understand customer requirements, explore and develop ways of better serving the clients and potential clients of Sambus
- Research and identify new business opportunities (new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, BPs etc) or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition to better serve potential and existing clients
- Reporting on trends, insights from market/industry and other R&D intelligence that impact the company’s operations.
- Prepare operations reports and present insights from market/industry research to inform senior management and other unit heads in their decision making and front-end activities. The activities here included but is not limited to the following:
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvement.
Relationship management and Stakeholder engagement:
- Develop client and stakeholder relationships in a way that positively impacts the company’s bottom line and also adds and create value for the company. The activities here include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and nurturing existing client and stakeholder relationships
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Managing and engaging BPs to support and grow their operations with Sambus.
- Engaging with our user community and fostering their relationship with the Sambus brand via Sambus newsletters, workshops and other stakeholder engagement activities.
Marketing, advertisement and brand promotion:
- Undertake marketing and advertisement of the company’s product to current clients and prospect. This includes enhancing the businesses brand visibility, market position and brand image in our industry and target markets.
New market development and revenue creation:
- Develop new markets and expand existing market opportunities for the company. The activities here include but is not limited to the following:
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Increasing client base and generating repeat business from existing clients and BPs
- Minimum of Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree and a professional / technical qualification in the area of expertise.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in I.T, Geospatial/SaaS/GIS or related industries. Experience in high-level business development, negotiations, and managing client relationships management.
14th December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.