- The Business Development Manager position is a high visibility position with profit and loss responsibility for the area while directly managing the site level sales representatives. Manager will work intensely on sales performance management, talent development, account retention and acquisition, developing senior site level customer relationships and meeting sales and margin objectives.
- Command and own any and all programs and items, including sales performance management, taking proactive and responsible steps to improve account profitability and cash-flow. Perform opportunity analysis for margin improvement.
- Establish and drive agreed growth plans for both organic growth and new account acquisition that ensures sales objectives are achieved.
- Lead important customer negotiations.
- Compile and deliver area competitive intelligence to the business director and or Sector Leader to inform them about future sales and marketing opportunities.
- Analyze customer information for process and customer experience improvement opportunities. Develop reports as required for your managers, as well as Sector or Marketing leads, detailing: competitive environment; opportunities for sales, product, or service improvement; trends in competitive landscape; and recommendations to improve lead generation, bid, and sales close effectiveness.
- Liaise with the technicians to ensure appropriate service support for customer accounts.
- Facilitate the development of key competencies of site staff, such as selling skills, technical skills, etc. through ride-with requirements, team installations and selling opportunities) so that technicians are fully trained and capable of performing their role and are able to optimize consumption at site.
- Work with Corporate and/or Strategic Account Managers to ensure account management support is delivered by account Managers as agreed.
- Identify and develop distributor relationships that will promote Company business while maintaining favorable product margins.
- Support and advice the team in sales forecasting based on customer consumption and ensure right portfolio mix and Manage the product portfolio and roll out innovations as per company guidelines
Skills, Certification or Special Training Required
- A University degree in Sciences or any other related discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- 5-8 years Experience handling major accounts in a B2B selling environment will be an added advantage
- In-depth understanding and experience in Food & Beverage industry (breweries, bottlers, food processors etc) will be a key advantage.
- He /she must be self-driven with a “can do” attitude and passion to achieve results under minimum supervision.
- Must possess great interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess a valid driving license.
Diversey has been, and always will be, a pioneer and facilitator for life. We constantly deliver revolutionary cleaning and hygiene technologies that provide total confidence to our customers across all of our global sectors. Headquartered in Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA, Diversey employs approximately 9,000 people globally, generating net sales of approximately $2.6 billion in 2017.