BankSome Group is made up of highly talented, diverse and motivated people who are dedicated to re-defining the business of Construction, Real Estate, Insurance Brokerage, International health Insurance, Bricks & Blocks, Wood & Aluminium, Renewable Energy and Property Management. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and having presence in the United Kingdom and China. The company has developed a good business relationship with a vast network of experts around the world.
Job Position: Business Development Officer – Insurance
Job Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
- Develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for BGIB to an agreed annual target of 30 % of previous year invoiced revenue (to increase year on year).
- Assist in developing a business plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Prepare action plans for self for effective search of new clients, sales leads and prospects.
- Assist in the initiation, development and coordination of business presentations and action plans to penetrate new corporate clients.
- Provides timely feedback to the Managing Director/Head of Sales regarding performance.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and activity.
- Make presentations on set targets and review of previous and planned activities during the weekly sales meeting.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and ‘request for proposals’ (RFP) responses.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored.
- Identify and resolve client complaints and enquires promptly.
- Presenting product to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Establish, maintain and follow-up on current client and potential client relationships; build client loyalty, obtain referrals and manage client database.
- Facilitates at least one internal training in a year
- Check insurance claims to solidify trust and safeguard the reputation
- Preparing reports for insurance underwriters
- Advising clients on making claims on their policies
- Renewing or amending existing policies for clients
- Marketing services
- Collecting insurance premiums
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2+ years Sales Administration and Analysis experience required, lead and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- A strong background in Insurance
- Effective leadership, development and training skills required.
- Solid business acumen; ability to understand short and long-term consequences.
- Skilled in developing clear, succinct articulation of communications objectives in the form of project briefs.
- Strong presentation skills and persuasiveness.
- Possesses teamwork, leadership and facilitation skills in order to cut across many diverse functional disciplines and regional cultures.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- Data driven and process oriented.
- Strong customer satisfaction focus skills.
- Knowledgeable on call center operations and product lines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online