R-DATS Consulting (‘R-DATS’) is a research, evaluation, data collection and statistical services firm. R-DATS uses advanced and innovative research, evaluation, and statistical methods to gather high-quality data and generate strong evidence for impact and improved policy decisions. We support local and international organizations, businesses, government ministries and agencies, and non-profits.
The research, evaluation and data processing activities at R-DATS Consulting are guided by core ethical principles and data privacy standards of our organization, the organization we work for and the country where we are to carry out the assignments. Our sectors of Interest: Health, WASH, Food Security and Nutrition, Education, Peace and Reconciliation, Financial Inclusion and Consumer Protection and Humanitarian efforts.
Job Position: Business and Proposal Development Officer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Write research and survey related proposals that convey factual, objective, and technical information while incorporating compelling language that communicates the benefits of the organization’s services and meet or exceed proposal technical evaluation requirements.
- Serve as a lead proposal writer for proposals, in accordance with R-DATS and donor requirements. Integrate and assure the quality of technical writer’s contributions to the proposal on projects both within and outside Nigeria.
- Conduct background research on proposal opportunities to determine R-DATS’ competitiveness and strategic positioning. Undertake analytical and research tasks to support technical proposal development.
- Learn R-DATS’ proposal best practices and actively support the maintenance and continual improvement of proposal processes and related tools.
- Participate in technical reviews and incorporate feedback in a timely manner. Review and integrate all background materials to ensure the technical application complies with all technical and formatting requirements.
- Works cross-functionally to gather materials and synthesizes the information into a final product.
- Liaise and coordinate with R-DATS Research staff, technical specialists, and partners to provide clear, complete, and timely instructions and feedback for proposal deliverables
- Review, revise, edit, and improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials.
- Facilitate technical design sessions to set proposal strategy and criteria for the successful development of proposals.
- Revise the database and update the funding opportunity tracker regularly.
- Scheduling, planning, and organizing design workshops and other BD workshops.
- Work effectively with other Proposal Development Teams including local and international sub-contractors or consultants.
- Other responsibilities within the business development unit as deemed fit by your supervisor.
- University education in relevant field required (Languages, Social Sciences, Applied Sciences, Business, Arts, or similar).
- One to two years of experience in business development and proposal writing, including conceptualizing and technical writing.
- Demonstrated success in writing proposals that were subsequently funded preferred.
- Outstanding English writing skills and strong analytical, capacity assessment, and planning skills.
- Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail and understanding of requirements.
- Strong capacity for developing budgets for development projects a plus (but not required).
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and familiarity with project management software.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, and ability to deliver when facing multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Individual must be a self-starter, strongly motivated and interested in rapidly producing results.
27th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.