Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Job Position: Business Development Officer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are looking for an exceptional business development officer who is passionate about agriculture, has strong business acumen, and has demonstrable management, communication, and analytical skills.
- You would be responsible for identifying business growth opportunities and strategies to implement innovative initiatives across the African agriculture and nutrition landscape.
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities in the African agriculture and nutrition landscape.
- Analyze and report on the performance of our business development initiatives, using data and insights to inform future strategies and competitive positioning of Sahel Consulting
- Identify and pursue new funding, partnerships, and collaborations by developing creative proposals in response to business opportunities.
- Develop pitching ideas for and meet with potential partners and donors to present Sahel’s offerings and negotiate terms of engagement.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new partnerships and business opportunities.
- Provide training and mentoring to other business development members of the team.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or a related field with a minimum of three years of proven experience working as a business development officer or similar role. An MBA would be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write proposals and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
30th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Business Development Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.