Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
- Job Position: Business Development Officer – Stanbic IBTC Insurance Limited Abuja
- Job ID: 55289
- Job Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
- Job Sector: Banking
- Test Division Summary
- To grow and develop insurance premium in order to deliver profitable revenue streams to the Business and Group.
- The Job holder will prospect and manage Corporates, including Insurance Brokers as channels in business development.
- Providing tactical input into Unit strategy/ies that will enhance the Group’s vision to be the leading end to end financial solutions provider.
- This will include cross sell to customers of the Group, potential customers from outside the Group and developing new market frontiers.
- Delivers on sale of insurance policies and premium income target through focus channels (Insurance Brokerage, Direct Sales & Marketing, etc) for Stanbic IBTC Insurance Limited across all product lines
- Customer retention
- Research and source potential clients and build long-term relationships with them by creating rapport through networking, cold calling and using referrals
- Consultatively engage prospective clients to engage in a phone conversation and/or meeting to discuss insurance products
- Collect information from clients on their risk profiles in order to offer them the proper solution
- Has a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers, opportunities, challenges, needs, competition and threats inherent in the insurance environment
- Has a good knowledge and understanding of the peculiarities (renewal dates etc) of corporate institutions for the purpose of strategic engagements.
- Has a good understanding of both traditional and non-traditional competitors, their drivers, products, strengths, vulnerabilities, market share/client base and the impact that these factors have Customer Value Proposition
- Continuously monitor the market trends in the insurance industry, including regulatory and legal framework, with a view to assessing the possible impact on the insurance industry.
- Assess customers risks through profiling of customer segments and understanding of their business
- Ensure to close the loop with customers at all times. E.g. taking enquiries, ensuring prompt delivery of policy documents, proper awareness communication plan to support their decision making etc.
- Conduct financial planning sessions with members of staff of corporate clients in conjunction with their respective brokers where applicable
- Ensure simplicity in dealing all clients issues and inquiries
- Build and enhance the trust of clients and brokers to foster referrals and repeat businesses.
- Review periodically the insurance portfolio and liaise with technical to make recommendations. This could result in the development of new products or enhancement of existing ones.
- Maintain relationship with internal stakeholders within CIB, PBB and Wealth.
- Maintain and improve relationship with external customers which include insurance companies, brokers, direct Corporate clients/partners etc
- Ensure strict adherence to regulatory requirements and ensuring no regulatory breach is recorded against the team in conduct and in doing business.
- First Degree in any discipline
- Professional Qualification in Insurance will be an advantage
- Wealth Management
- In-depth knowledge of products and client management
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products and market
- Have relationships in the Insurance Industry
- Broker/Bancassurance Management
- Insurance Technical Competencies
- Effective Business Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Brand Management
- Customer Understanding
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online