The Cans is West Africa’s first eco-friendly tech hub. We are working to build a better future by supporting people, agencies and governments working in the area of social development. The Cans is using new technology to accelerate the impact of local and international initiatives in Africa.
Job Position: Business Development Officer
Job Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
- We are looking to hire a Business Development Officer to join our Technology Business team.
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with company stakeholders and customers.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
- Analyze financial data and develop effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Develop and present proposals for clients.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Drive product launches including working with the public relations team, executives and other Technology Business team members.
- All other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Technology Business.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years related experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office or Google Suite applications.
- Experience in the technology industry is a plus.
- Have a customer-centric approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be detail-oriented and proactive.
- Be an excellent team player.
Base salary plus negotiable commission upon each closed deal.
Perks of Working with The CANs:
- Hybrid working option
- Regular social and team bonding events
- Performance bonuses
- Collaborative, welcoming and supportive team.
6th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.