UpEnergy brings aspirational energy saving products within reach for low-income communities. We create valuable health and environmental outcomes by providing our users with products that improve their lives every day. Our approach combines local, on-the-ground teams leveraging our platform to best serve users, with over a decade of experience building platforms that generate valuable carbon emission reductions and allow us to provide our products to local communities at affordable subsidized prices.
Job Position: Business Intelligence Associate
Job Location: Nigeria
- As part of this growth, we are looking to ensure that we have a solid data infrastructure to support our commercial operations.
- In this context, UpEnergy is seeking an experienced and passionate individual to support the design, implementation and development of the data analytics and visualization capability.
- The right candidate should be analytical, curious and having a passion for solving problems through a data-driven, customer-centric approach.
- The UpEnergy Business Intelligence Associate is an exciting position that will provide the opportunity to work across multiple UpEnergy markets.
- If you are eager to gain incredibly rich, hands-on experience while being part of one of the fastest growing social enterprises in Africa and believe you’re up for the challenge (as well as a lot of fun!), we’d love to hear from you!
Business Intelligence, Reporting & Data Visualization (approx 60%)
- Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics/visualization solutions for overall operational excellence, and broader strategic metrics for use by key decision makers (CEO, Country Directors, Commercial Director, etc.)
- Design, develop and own interactive Tableau dashboards to track key performance indicators, summarize sales and data trends, and to enable UpEnergy to manage and monitor their distribution performance.
- Generate regular reports including: (1) monthly sales performance reviews; (2) monthly reports to leadership; (3) other ad-hoc requests
Analytics, Insights & Monitoring (approx 40%)
- Monitor on an ongoing basis performance against key Operational Excellence, Supply Chain, Carbon Operations, and other agreed metrics across UpEnergy, identifying improvement opportunities
- Conduct ad-hoc rigorous analysis (including statistical analysis and data modeling) to evaluate performance, to form new insights, to highlight areas for improvement, and to drive decision making and distribution strategies
- Support analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze sales data from multiple applications or sources (including SQL & field research)
- Work closely with the Data Team to develop and validate predictive models, forecasts or other data tools for sales and customer service
- Provide support on broader analytical needs of the UpEnergy Team,, including analysis of pilots, interventions, distribution operations or field research work
- Support industry reporting, competition reporting, or other external reporting, where opportunities exist
- Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative investigations to better understand customer expectations in a given segment, and to calculate market sizes
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and standards for performance analysis, reporting, etc.
- Support piloting and A/B tests across major commercial levers including pricing, team structure and commissions and scale best practices for commercial activities amongst country teams
- Analyze pilots and projects to determine their efficacy and potential for scale
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative subject such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or related field, relevant Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Skilled in project management, with an exceptional ability to collaborate, influence, and execute against strategy
- Innovative mind‐set oriented toward constructive problem‐solving and collaboration with stakeholders from various sectors
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and ability to multi‐task and adjust to changing priorities
- Excited to be part of UpEnergy’s growth story
- Open to significant travel to UpEnergy’s markets in sub-Saharan Africa.
- 5+ years of experience
- Experienced building clear and insightful data visualizations with TABLEAU and MS Excel. Experience in R, SQL etc. is an added advantage.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to synthesize and interpret qualitative and quantitative data into practical strategy recommendations
- Able to build advanced queries using PostgreSQL, and comfortable with basics of with database management and data engineering
- Demonstrated ability working across teams and functions on technical project
- Spoken and written Portuguese or French is an added advantage.
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and ability to “Think Big & Make it Happen” both independently and collaboratively.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online