Veegil Media is a non-partisan technology and media organization that seeks to transform societies with technology. We promote civic engagement and good leadership for the welfare of the people.
Job Position: Business Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- The main goal of this role is to maximize efficiency, reduce costs and drive growth to positively impact our customers.
- The ideal candidate should possess a mix of strategy, technical, and communication skills, as this role involves managing every aspect of the business.
Chief responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Business development (including partnerships, fundraising)
- Financial analyses: market, competition and price
- Develop and implement product, marketing, and sales strategies
- Perform day-to-day administration of the business and ensure business continuity
- Support of dynamic, fast-paced projects that span all phases of the software development lifecycle and media.
- Report to Chief Executive Officer periodically and advise the organization on operations, new developments, findings and ways to improve efficiency and continually grow the organization.
Other Job Responsibilities are:
- Payroll management
- File taxes
- Product and project management
- Improve integration and streamline business operation.
- Analyze data and provide business intelligence.
- Coordinate business planning and strategy
- Lead customer relationship management efforts
- Direct sales and marketing efforts (including customer acquisition and retention, strategy, branding, advertisement, and content development)
- Manage all company communications and communication operations both internal and external
- Conduct Financial Administration including procurement, budgeting, and accounting
- Effectively ensure business conformity and minimize the probability of exposure
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of policies, rules and regulations of the industry and government
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- As part of a small team, the candidate will participate in agile-based research of (new) product growth areas and implement them in our products to meet our customers’ needs. You would share your creativity, expertise, and innovation, and have a hand in the decisions that affect the direction and performance of the entire company. You will be faced with a series of problem-solving situations on a daily basis that requires team coordination, risk/crisis management, and out-of-the-box thinking. In our efforts to become a more seamlessly web-integrated company, we are looking for top-notch candidates to join our team.
- Elements we are looking for in a qualified candidate:
- Thinks outside the box and is excited to re-imagine and seek how to improve existing strategies, workflows, and solutions
- Excited to learn, research, unlearn and re-learn information, methods, and technologies and apply them to our challenging projects and environment
- Revels at the opportunity to explore new and different fields and roles
- Thrives within the freedom to design, manage and be responsible for the solutions they build
- Has strong knowledge of business administration and follows current and trending developments
- Embraces change and challenges and is an independent motivator towards improvement
- Unrelenting in achieving high-quality output
- Has sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
- Possesses a creative, optimistic, positive attitude and CAN-DO mindset
- Must be a cultural fit in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated and highly productive with minimal or no supervision
- Committed to upholding and realizing the organization’s mission, vision, growth, and goals.
- B.Sc in Accounting, Economics and other related fields.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) will be considered an advantage.
- Human Resource experience will be considered an added advantage
- Knowledge of Information technology.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.