Apple – We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continuously reimagining our products and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. That innovation is inspired by a shared commitment to great work – and to each other. Because learning from the people here means we’re learning from the best.
Job Position: Platoon, Senior Artist Campaign Manager – Africa
Job Location: Lagos
- As part of Apple, Platoon is a creative artist services company that nurtures and builds the careers of independent artists.
- We are carrying out the vision to develop original music and visual content – while leaving artists free to be who they want and distribute their music where they want.
- Platoon is best known for working at an early stage with emerging and established artists – including: Jorja Smith, Billie Eilish, Adekunle Gold, Kwesi Arthur and Mr. Eazi.
- We are now in search of a bold and motivated music expert with robust music industry experience to join Platoon in Lagos, Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for working with the entire Platoon team, its global artists roster and for leveraging key touch points across various digital platforms.
- You will work with extraordinary talent, nurture and grow these relationships, work closely with Platoon’s team of experts to define and implement premier artist campaigns, and collaborate cross-functionally with digital partners worldwide.
- This position is an outstanding opportunity to help lead Platoon’s efforts in an ever-evolving, critical space.
- The ideal candidate is highly strategic, resourceful, creative, entrepreneurial and collaborative.
- Passionate about music of all genres
- Understand the diverse and powerful music scene within Africa, across the continent and possess the desire to transition regional success into worldwide opportunities
- Cross-continent experience while handling multiple artist projects simultaneously
- Experience of strategizing and implementing music campaigns
- The ability to create, plan and deliver projects working with artists, Platoon’s teams, and vendors and experts as needed.
- A strong local and international music network of artists, collaborators, producers, brands, their teams and external resources
- Build and implement outstanding marketing plans customized to each artists
- The ability to utilize network to build a team around a campaign to ensure all areas are covered.
- Identify local partners to promote artists and releases
- Deep understanding of the cross-platform opportunities in the music and entertainment industry in Africa and globally
- Strong understanding of the global music landscape and experience developing and delivering campaigns with artists, managers, strategic partners and wider teams.
- Experience in handling budgets, multiple projects and deadlines
- A consistent track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions.
- You work well under pressure, are goal-oriented, upbeat and focused, and have a passion to learn and succeed
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of professionalism
- English fluency is required. Additional African languages are desirable.
- Strong music and proven marketing experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online