The Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non–profit, Non- Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
Job Position: Care and Support Officer
Job Location: Bauchi, Jigawa and Kano
- HIV care and support Officers will provide technical assistance in the implementation of Care and Support services in GGHN supported sites under supervision of the Care and Support Specialist.
- S/he will coordinate with other stakeholders to ensure enrollment and provision of requisite services to all enrolled HIV subpopulations.
- S/he will ensure HIV care and service provision at the facility and community and level is designed to demonstrate attribution to the 95:95:95 epidemic control goal
- The Care and Support officer will provide Technical Assistance (hands-on mentorship) to adherence counselors, Nurses & other Health Care Workers in all facilities in their desginated cluasters on care and support services.
- Monitors and coordinates the daily patient care activities of the unit; schedules staff and patients to always ensure full coverage of patient care needs and to ensure effective patient services.
- S / he is to provide technical guidance to ACE partner CSOs in the Implementation of technical program activities for community-based HIV Care and Support
- Provides triage advice and guidance to physicians and staff referring patients to the clinic; oversees and monitors patient evaluation and treatment decisions.
- S/he will collaborate closely with the ACE team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community-based response to HIV / AIDs towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services
- Provide technical input for the development of strategies, design, and implementation of HIV Prevention / Care & Support activities; ensure activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries.
- Coordinates services with other patient care units as required; maintains communication with allied services and maintains community liaison as appropriate.
- Direct CSOs towards overall technical quality – including adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles and build the capacity of CSOs and relevant GON staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
- Oversees and provides direct nursing evaluation and/or other related care and consultation to patients as required.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Registered Nurse or Community Health Extension Worker with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree is in added advantage
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units, and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entitles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities
- Viable knowledge transfer techniques to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
- Knowledge and understanding of HAT services structure, workflow, and operating procedures
- Ability to conduct patient evaluation and triage procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office for documenting and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Advanced nursing skills
- Fluency in English and local language.
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.