Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best-known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
Job Position: Azure Solution Architect
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience.
- Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Infrastructure Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) focusing on Azure Infrastructure Innovation to join the Customer Success Team within the Azure Core Subsidiary.
- As part of this role, you will be responsible for technical customer engagements, working with the most challenging and exciting projects within Microsoft Azure Core customer base.
- This customer-facing position is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and operations with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer technical obstacles and adoption challenges.
- You will work with select customers to lead deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
- You will collaborate with a variety of internal and external teams to develop pilots and oversee implementation projects, ensuring technical blockers are removed on adoption.
- You will drive technical intensity and create communities within customers.
- And you will collaborate with Product engineering to share feedback into the development of Microsoft products and help develop Azure platforms.
- This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Understand customers’ overall cloud portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and scalable cloud solutions leveraging expertise in cloud infrastructure solutions (Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, HPC, containers and Infra as a code technologies).
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a migration and modernization roadmap with customers using the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF).
- Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Ensure all solutions leverage the design and operations guidance according to the Well-Architected framework across all pillars, including performance efficiency, security, operational excellence, reliability, and cost optimization
- Run Architectural Design Sessions to build plan for implementing solution governing design in line with customer business goals and their technical environment.
- Outcome is consensus on solution design and next steps toward production. Use CAF Landing Zones to rapidly prototype and deliver proof-of-concepts that accelerate production deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove blockers.
- Years of experience in Cloud / Infrastructure Technologies, Information Technology (IT) Consulting / Support, Systems Administration, Network Operations, Software Development / Support, Technology Solutions, Practice Development, Architecture, and / or Consulting.
- Well-Architected Framework / Cloud Adoption Framework (WAF / CAF) foundations
- Architecture design.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management.
- Experience with management of cloud infrastructure solutions one or more (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, Virtual Desktop, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers, HPC, automation, monitoring and Infra as code technology).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Cloud Infrastructure, Data Analytics, Networking, Security, modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Certification in one or more of the following programming languages preferred: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, Python.
- Prior work experience in other cloud companies such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.