Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present cooperating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
Job Position: Cashier
Location: Anka, Zamfara
Main Objective and Responsibility
- Performing cash transactions, verifying supporting documentation, and maintaining records according to MSF standards and local fiscal policies.
- Controlling and monitoring cash payments from the cashbox and coding and recording cash transactions in the daily cashbook or accounting system,
- Performing daily cash counts and investigating any discrepancies
- Following up on cash advances and ensuring they are duly settled
- Carrying out transfer requests between cash and safe box
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval signatories, and correctness of account codes
- Performing currency exchange operations when required.
- Assisting with the preparation of salary payments as required.
- Performing monthly reconciliations before closing the monthly accounts, managing bank reconciliations and monthly bank statements if applicable.
MSF Section / Context-Specific Accountabilities
In close collaboration with the Finance Assistant and under his/her direct supervision,
- Controlling and monitoring cash payments from the cashbox and coding and recording cash transactions in the daily cashbook or accounting system.
- Assisting with the preparation of incentives payments
- Responsible of the Petty Safe reconciliations and valid (original and completely approved documents to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
- Ensure strict compliance with controls procedures as outlined by the financial Policy within MSF.
- Ensure all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures etc.)
- Prepare the hardcopies according to the month-end checklist, scanning and ensure proper filing and archiving of financial documentation.
- Responsible for issuing of recharge cards
- Review the projects’ bookkeeping to ensure that the supporting documentation complies with the finance policy standards
- Monitor cash advances as per the MSF financial policy
- Flexibility in undertaking assigned tasks, due to the changing nature of MSF operations.
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Qualifications or a professional Diploma in Administration / Accounting.
- Experience in Accounting (minimum 1 year).
- Mission and local language are essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel).
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service and Orientation and Cross-cultural Awareness.
12th May 2023 (5:00 PM).
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their CV, Cover Letter, Licenses and necessary Credentials only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “CASHIER” as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- Only candidates resident in Anka would be considered.
- No Transportation and/or Allowance will be provided during the recruitment process.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.