The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production, and Salt Refining.
Upcoming projects include a $12 billion investment in an Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Plant and Petrochemical Complex.
- Job Position: Chemical Engineer Production
- Job ID: GbokoProduction001
- Job Location: Benue, Nigeria
- Department: Production
- Reports To: AGM Production
- Direct Reports/ Subordinates: Chemical Engineers and CCR Officer/DCS
- Responsible for Production Planning, Operation, and entire management of the entire Cement Production Process.
- Ensuring Cement Quality and ISO Standards are met.
- Coordination and supervision of all maintenance activities to ensure Plant availability.
- Planning and Organizing the Total Operation of Raw Mills, Cement Mills, Kilns, Coal Mills and Auxiliaries equipment
- Planning and Implementation of Production, Capital, and Revenue Budget.
- Plant Performance Reviews and Analysis with a view to enhancing production output, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Co-ordination of Maintenance programs with Heads of Maintenance Departments as well as Heads of Sections in Production to achieve the targeted availability of Raw Mills, Kilns, and Cement and Coal Grinding Equipment.
- Conduct Downtime Analysis and preventive measures for future development.
- Monitor and control consumption trend of refractory, grinding media, grinding aid, and their inventory level.
- Achieving optimum fuel efficiency, power consumption & utilization of manpower
- Ensure Implementation of ISO Systems and Safety in the Production Department.
- Ensuring no accidents in the department and near-miss analysis.
- Cost reduction by carrying out modifications and improvements in the process.
- Ensuring quality of the product going out from the department as per internal quality norms.
- Assessing performance of subordinates and providing necessary feedback for their development to Human Assets Department.
- Analysis of Training and Development needs of subordinates and providing necessary feedback for their development to Human Assets Department.
- Other additional assignments as entrusted by the manager-production / management
Education and Work Experience
- B.Sc. / HND Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years in Cement Industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build a team
- High Analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online