Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organizations for exceptional business results. We build organizations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels. We are committed to excellence, service & integrity
- Job Position: Chief Engineer (Construction)
- Job Location: Lagos
- The role will be responsible for the effective daily leadership of the staff, managing the engineering projects to the highest level of quality work and customer service as well as the administration of the engineering department in alignment with the management team and client expectations.
- They will be responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs.
- Lead project designs including drawings, specifications, and bill of quantities and bidding documents for the launching of the work bids in line with the organization’s processes and procedures.
- Participate in or lead negotiation and preparatory work required for the approval of contracts. Lead market research, procurement of high risk, complex or large size projects
- Prepare work programs of the team, prepare budget estimates for procurement of service contracts required; report on budget utilization and project progress.
- Evaluate all costs associated with all projects including materials, costs of labor and time expended; approve plans and budgets, making adjustments needed in consultation with the client and the COO.
- Coordinate the effective operation of the engineering team, assign short and long-term goals for successful completion of various project plans.
- Coordinate development of and maintain an Operations Document Library, including but not limited to construction plans, structural plans, as-built drawings, schedules, line diagrams and schematics, equipment and operation manuals, start-up and commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
- Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations
- First and Postgraduate degree (M.Eng) in Civil Engineering, Building Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required
- Master in Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Professional certification in COREN, PMP, PMI, Engineering Design Software
- At least 10 years progressive years in the construction industry with a minimum of three years in a similar role with extensive leadership experience and knowledge of the construction industry, including compliance requirements.
- Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding budgets, budget variances, and basic reporting as required for performance management
- Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems
- Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
- Working knowledge of all aspects of building systems and operations, contractual maintenance, construction, and related services, and local laws and building codes pertaining to building operations and safety
- Basic understanding of system analysis and evaluation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online