Lead Enterprise Support Company Limited is a foremost Human Resources Solutions organization with many years of cumulative experience and expertise. We are prolific in Outsourcing, Recruitment, Headhunting, and HR Advisory. We are a multi-sectorial servicing company, with landmark service deliverables to our clients in varied industries.
- Job Position: Chief Executive Officer
- Job Location: Benin, Edo
- Department: Management
- Reports to: Board of Directors
- Direct Reports: Medical Director, Head Corporate Services, Head Finance and Accounts, ICT Manager
- Accountable to the Board of Directors for the efficient and effective management of the Hospital (with the highest degree of professionalism)
- Responsible for patient Diagnosis and Care
- Responsible for managing all administrative and financial functions in implementing Board policies.
- Responsible for advancing the interests of the Hospital, as expressed in its Vision and Mission Statements.
- Responsible for providing the highest level of effective representation to the Hospital system and the community which it serves
- Responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the Hospital, the delegation of duties, and the establishment of formal means of accountability.
- Ensure effective delivery of high-quality patient care.
- Ensure operation of appropriate project and business development activities in accordance with Board policies.
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the operation of the Hospital.
- Ensure all contract issues are managed efficiently and effectively in accordance with Board policies.
- Ensure effective operation of a quality improvement process for the Hospital, including the periodic assessment of patient satisfaction
- Ensure all financial transactions are conducted in accordance with pertinent standards and legal requirements.
- Ensure annual audit is conducted and appropriate actions are taken in accordance with the findings.
- Ensure maintenance and timely updates of operational procedures manuals.
- Maintain effective communication with all departments.
- Adequately staff and support the Hospital Board Committees.
- Responsible for keeping Hospital Board and staff abreast of legislation, regulations, or any other actions which might have an important effect on the Hospital operations and make recommendations for appropriate action.
- Address and protect the safety of all employees, patients, physicians, guests, visitors.
- Participate in the hospital’s quality program and be member of quality committees if selected.
- Ensure the Hospital meets the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and is functional at all times including all equipment in working condition
- Periodically assess Hospital activities, organizational structure, and staffing partners.
- Implements appropriate change, or where required, recommend such change for Board approval.
- Ensure that quality of services is provided as per standards of BMC
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective local and regional networks and affiliations in accordance with the policies of the Board
Public Relations and Liaison:
- Conduct public relations programs effectively
- Responsible for the effective representation of the Hospital at appropriate public, civic, and other organizational activities and meetings.
- Act as the representative of the Board in all matters, except in cases where the Board has specifically authorized some other designee.
- Play a leadership role in coordinating health care and wellness services in the Hospital service area.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with national and regional medical councils, institutions, and private sector hospitals
- In collaboration with the Head Diagnostic Centre, work towards developing the hospital and diagnostic center as the best in the state and region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with international hospitals/institutes to facilitate visits, exchange programs as well as training options.
- Responsible for statutory compliances, and upkeep of statutory permissions as necessary
- Liaise with appropriate authorities to ensure renewals of both the hospital and operating staff license requirement
- Process ISO documentation for the hospital and compliance and timely audits
- Responsible for formulating and presenting for annual Board approval, work plans, and budget recommendations, including assisting the Finance Committee in its annual review of the capital budget.
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of short and long term strategic plans aimed at achieving the mission and goals of the Hospital
- Facilitate the bi-annial review of the Board’s by-laws and make recommendations for change, where appropriate, to the Board.
Decision Making Authority:
- Ensure that work is carried out within general policies, principles, and goals, and is subject to direction only for guidance on policy issues.
- Ensure that an effective operating system for hiring, promoting, rewarding, disciplining, and terminating employees in accordance with established policies and procedures is in place.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are in accordance with Nigerian laws.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all Board members, Physicians, and Hospital employees.
- Ensures the promotion of the philosophy and values of the Hospital’s mission among all employees.
Outreach/Community Program Management:
- In coordination with the Patient-Customer Relationship Advocate, ensure the programs are well structured and held in a disciplined manner
- Participate in budget development with overall responsibility of the organization’s budget
- Approve expenses and authorize payment
- Works predominantly within a comfortable office environment.
- Travel as required by the role.
- A Medical degree
- Masters degree in Hospital Management or MBA with demonstrated experience in managing hospitals
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies:
- License to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association (MDCN license)
Work experience required:
- More than fifteen (15) years experience of which seven (7) years should be in Hospital Administration/Operations.
- Ten (10) years of experience in hospital administration will be considered in the absence of a degree in Hospital Administration.
- People Management
- Financial and Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic planning
- Organization skills
- Public relations
- Empathic towards others
- Good communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Outgoing personality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and minimum level of work expected of this role and being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Key Performance Indicators – Deliverable/Target – Weighted Score:
- Revenue – Generate sales revenue for the Hospital in Year 1: NGN 610,000,000 – 50%
- Revenue and Profitability – % Gross Margin Target – 50% – 25%
- Return on Equity – 20% – 25%.
10th April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.