RedAid Nigeria is a young local non-governmental organization, founded In 2018. which shares Its vision with DAHW Deutsche Lepra- und Tuberkulosehilfee. V. (in English: German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Association), a non-governmental organization based in Wurzburg, Germany, for a world In which no one Is deprived of his/her fundamental human rights due to leprosy, tuberculosis, and other poverty-related conditions and the disabling consequences they bring. Since Its foundation the organization successfully implements projects with the funds raised from local and international donors, Institutions and foundations.
- Job Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Job Location: Enugu, Nigeria
- Start of contract: Ideally on 1st April 2021
- Duration of the contract: 2 years (with the possibility for renewal)
- Type of contract: fixed-term contract according to the Labour Law of Nigeria.
- The position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is a unique opportunity to shape and spearhead RedAid, the young local non-governmental organization.
- The CEO shapes RedAid’s strategy, increases its visibility and ensures its recognition as a leading player and Innovator In the sector and among key stakeholders.
- This position of responsibility will enable you to contribute to advancing RedAid’s objectives in the country with a strong commitment to people living with poverty-related diseases. You will promote and defend the Interests of RedAid at regional and international levels.
- You will also act as a facilitator between RedAid and DAHW and will ensure synergy and complementarily. You will work together with an inspiring and motivated team in the program country
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Leading the development and implementation of high-quality business strategies and plans; ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Leading and motivating subordinates to advance employee engagement.
- Develop a high-performing managerial team.
- Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Overseeing the complete operation of, the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans.
- Ensuring the timely implementation of a strategic plan that guides the direction of the organization.
- Soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate, from a Board of Directors.
- Evaluating the success of the organization in reaching its goals.
- Representing the organization (or civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level,
- Participating in relevant events that will enhance the organization’s reputation, and it’s potential for success.
- Liaise and cooperate with DAHW structure (global and regional) to maintain synergies in project planning and Implementation.
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of DAHW’s program portfolio in line with its strategic mandates, Including disaster response and humanitarian emergency.
- Higher education (Master’s level)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of NGO’s, International cooperation and/or global public health
- At Ieast5years’ experience in a managerial position with responsibility for human resources.
- Very strong organizational skills and
- Proven knowledge of the use of economic analysis of company’s/organization’s financial situation
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as fundraising, PR, etc
- Proven knowledge of the ability to structure the setup of an organization in an efficient way and to ensure cont organizational development
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce,
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Good knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Sensitivity to DAHW’s target groups
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their complete Application (incl. CV, Motivation Letter, copy of certificates and references), Indicating the salary expectation, to [email protected] using “CEO” as the subject of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Only Nigerian nationals can apply