Human Capital Partners is a professional services firm that specializes in the provision of management consulting services covering the entire human resource management value chain.
Job Position: Chief Financial Officer
Job Location: Lagos
The role will report to the Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for:
- All the accounting operations of the Bank, including the preparation of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Bank’s financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Directly manage the Heads, Financial Reporting, Financial Performance and Financial operations.
- Coordinate the preparation of accounts profitability reports, expense reports and the analysis and assessment of each profit or cost centre and entire Bank.
- Develop strategic financial initiatives for the organisation in a manner that will assist in achieving the organisation’s objectives.
- Provide strategic financial management and leadership support across the business, in line with the overall corporate objectives.
- Develop, update, and implement finance and tax strategies, policies, and processes.
- Manage and coordinate the formulation of the financial plan and annual budgets. Monitors progress towards their achievements.
- Engage Executive Management and the appropriate Board Committees to develop short, medium, and long – term financial plans and projections for the organisation.
- Oversee financial planning to optimize returns on investments and coordinate annual tax computation or returns.
- Develop and implement a robust and reliable financial reporting system in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the financial records and books of accounts of the organisation.
- Ensure that the annual financial statements and statutory reports are prepared promptly, accurately and by standards and regulations.
- Ensure the organisation’s statutory obligations are fulfilled efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor and control revenue and expenses (Opex and Capex) to ensure operational and financial efficiency.
- Drive a cost-saving culture across all areas of the business.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors; and ensures the annual and/or periodic audits are seamlessly carried out.
- Coordinate periodic statutory examinations.
- A First Degree in Accountancy, Finance, or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related discipline.
- Eight (8) – ten (10) years experience in a financial institution, inclusive of working in financial control and at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g., Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Creative, innovative, can meet tight deadlines and result oriented.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
19th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.