The Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) is a foremost tertiary hospital with a mandate to provide excellent services of international standard in patient care, training & research. LUTH has over 950 admission beds, Forty-Six (46) Clinical Departments, Eighteen (18) Non-Clinical Departments and Outreaches at both Yaba and Pakoto. Presently the Hospital has over Two Thousand Three hundred (2,300) Staff comprising of Consultants, Resident/Medical Officers, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physiotherapists, Medical Laboratory scientists, Nutritionists, Hospital Administrators, Engineers and other categories of staff.
Job Position: Chief Medical Director / CEO
Job Location: Idi-Araba, Lagos
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following requirements:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years Post qualification;
- Candidates must be fellows either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent, registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must attach proof of medical fitness;
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is mandatory;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Evidence of Medical research is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage.
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
26th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and Credentials in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Director of Administration,
Lagos University Teaching Hospital
Idi-Araba, Lagos State.
- Candidate should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than one thousand (1000) words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address.