Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji, and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital
- Job Position: Chief Security Officer
- Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Chief Security Officer report to the Hospital Manager and he is responsible for developing and implementing strategic security protocols and procedures. Develop policies and protocols for securing and protecting sensitive information.
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible for the organization’s Security Program including but not limited to daily operations of the IT security program, oversight of the annual and ongoing risk assessment process, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and access of electronically protected health information and of monitoring program compliance as well as investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches and in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Ensure effective strategic and operational planning, monitoring, and reporting to enhance the decision-making process of the Hospital.
- Build a strategic and comprehensive information security program that defines, develops, maintains, and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective information security practices which minimize risk and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information that is owned, controlled, and processed within the organization. Ensures information security policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date.
- Initiate, facilitates, promote and maintain a good channel of communication and security support across various departments within the organization.
- Employ suitable security management skills in managing crisis, Facilitate implementation of security policies.
- Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risks, and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Manage security incidents and events involving electronically protected health information
- Secure Cedarcrest Premises and personnel by patrolling property: monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points permitting entry.
- Liaise seamlessly with law enforcement agencies and the Hospital security contractors. Monitor closely the access control system and make recommendations on security clearance level to management.
- Collaborate with organization senior management, Privacy Officer, and Corporate Compliance Officer to establish governance for the security program.
- Work closely with the Privacy Officer to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, and investigations, and acts as a liaison to the information systems and compliance departments.
- You are responsible for initial and periodic information security risk assessment/analysis, mitigation, and remediation. Responsible for development and implementation of security risk management plan to prevent losses and damages. Report all irregularities: restraining trespassers and violators of policy and procedures
- Ensure adequate control of traffic and parking system is maintained in the hospital’s premises through the security contractor.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Oversee, develop and/or deliver initial and ongoing security training to the workforce, initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization
- Establish and administer a process for investigating and acting on security incidents that may result in privacy breach breaches.
- Partners with Human Resources and Privacy Officer to ensure consistent sanctions for security violations
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state security laws, licensing and certification requirements, and accreditation standards.
- Serves as an information security consultant to all departments for all data security-related issues and ensures optimal operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques. Coordinate with the IT and maintenance units.
- Respond rapidly to security emergencies within the hospital and all cedarcrest locations.
- Be available and ready to take other assigned duties (especially security-related duties).
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information security laws.
- Recommended Security certifications
- Extensive familiarity with health care relevant legislation and standards for the protection of health information and patient security.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages
- Ability to operate security cameras & surveillance system
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening.
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A high level of integrity and trust
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- An employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
11th March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Position Title as the subject of the email application.