CrunchHire is a network of pre-vetted, freelance project consultants. Our mission is to connect experienced project consultants with businesses quickly and seamlessly.
- Job Position: City Manager
- Job Location: Benin City, Edo, Nigeria
- The City Manager position will require strategic thinking skills, exceptional interpersonal communication, solid execution, and the ability to work with teams across a broad range of experiential and cultural backgrounds.
- Mevron is a new company seeking individuals who want to grow and are willing to adapt to their working environment.
- The ideal candidate will possess exceptional long-term strategic planning abilities while also being flexible enough to pivot in a rapidly changing business climate.
- The City Manager will possess abilities and confidence that can help shape Mevron as we move deeper into the future.
- Ensuring all city operations meet local and regional laws and expectations and are standardized to our global best practice philosophies where appropriate and directed.
- Initiating strategic improvement ideas and concepts, incorporating feedback to improve the platform, and implementing necessary changes or forwarding concepts to executive leadership that will promote a positive influence by Mevron throughout the region.
- Assist in making Mevron hardware and software applications operational, assisting in the product pricing strategy and understanding key cultural or economic factors that could impact the product/service in Benin.
- Managing various teams of personnel, including Drivers and support individuals.
- Being responsible and managing the fleet of Drivers to ensure availability to prospective Passengers during initial launch and maintain adequate fleets throughout each day and week of operations.
- Developing teams operating throughout each city, town, or region as designated under the City Manager purview of responsibilities. These teams could include city operation managers, associates, service providers (Drivers), and local sales representatives and marketing specialists.
- Customer service and support. The City Manager will be directly responsible for a positive customer (Passenger) relationship with Mevron and its partners.
- Effectively manage the entire scope of a 12 month plan for Mevron to expand and grow throughout the region.
- Gather data, feedback, and other insights from Passengers regarding the transportation, effectiveness, platform responsiveness, and other factors that will help Mevron drive to success.
- Streamline communication and collaboration across multidimensional teams in order to maximize and optimize efficiency of their distinct initiatives.
- Identify and define specific local user needs and requirements as well as preferences and be proactive in seeking out ways to meet those needs and forwarding any concerns, thoughts, and ideas to Mevron leadership.
- Building, developing, and maintaining positive business relationships through networking, marketing, and partnerships that will help boost Mevron as a viable and potent brand throughout the operational region.
- Execute local marketing drives and strategies to increase bookings.
- Seek out various channels of vendors and other business partners, including but not limited to food delivery companies, local business providers, and other suppliers to enhance Mevron’s services and offerings to the general consumer public.
- Measure city performance on a weekly basis using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years’ working experience with at least 2 years in a direct managerial or operational role, including 1 to 2 years of experience with direct people management experience.
- Must be detail oriented and data driven in order to make sound business decisions and use critical judgment that places Mevron’s needs and future goals as a top priority.
- Must take initiative and be willing to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Needs to be able to communicate and have strong organizational skills.
- Should have solid experience in creating and optimizing different processes.
- This candidate should be a self-starter that exudes confidence and a positive nature. In short, he or she should be a natural leader who has the ability to accomplish goals set before him or her.
- Should have the entrepreneurial spirit and a business owner mindset that can focus on any task and hit deadlines and targets, even if they require creativity and raw determination.
- The ideal candidate will also have some experience in a related, relevant industry, which includes transportation, technology, delivery, or even cycling. This is not a requirement, but it is certainly advantageous.
- Must accept and align with Mevron’s vision, mission, and long-range goals.
- Proven work experience as a community manager.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified candidate should
Click the link to Apply