Menzon Nigeria Limited is a professional Outsourcing Company with specialization in Human Capital Sourcing, Selection, Placement, Management, and Training. Our key focus emphasizes the engagement of Professionalism in Human Capital Need analysis, Planning, Sourcing, Placement, Management, and disengagement/exit with full compliance to GLOBAL STANDARDS.
Job Position: Civil Engineer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Participate in construction/engineering operations and supervision activities with strict adherence to plans.
- Undertake tasks related to specific areas of technical expertise or responsibility with a high level of professionalism.
- Ensure the use of appropriate methodologies, systems, and techniques in the performance of the job with strict compliance with regulations and standards.
- Ensure quality, adequacy, and appropriateness of materials and equipment used for all works to ensure an acceptable standard of delivery.
- Produce and/or review drawings, including working drawings, shop drawings, and drawings for temporary works, and recommend appropriate modifications as necessary.
- Review designs, technical specifications, relevant calculations, costs, and quantities to assist decision-making.
- Carry out and/or supervise field tests, laboratory tests, and other tests to achieve QA/QC objectives.
- Assist in the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of data gathered from investigations for sound engineering inferences and conclusions.
- Supervise the works carried out by contractors, identify inconsistencies, and suggest reasonable corrective measures where necessary.
- Provide timely report of work and progress including ensuring all requisite documentation are maintained.
- Work as part of (and coordinate own work) with a multidisciplinary team to achieve common objectives.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making always regarding the company’s resources and adhere to the code of conduct, policies, and procedures.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the field area of responsibility.
- Promote the company’s values and philosophy in the performance of your services.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Engineering or closely related disciplines.
- 5+ years experience in engineering, civil, and infrastructure works and designs. (Experience working on mid to large-scale highway/railway projects is an added advantage).
- Possession of relevant engineering license (COREN). Candidates without this may be considered for support roles.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant engineering software, tools, and equipment to deliver high-quality error-free work.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant constructions/engineering laws, codes, regulations and documentation requirements
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles.
- Certification in project management is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in use of BIM 360 Autodesk, Primavera or related project management applications.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to apply technical knowledge.
- Ability to learn new techniques, follow established procedure and work independently or with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels as well as to effectively and professionally express ideas to both engineering and non-engineering audiences.
- Effective self-leadership and ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight or varying schedules and deliver within timelines.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules.
- Willingness to travel or relocate in response to project needs.
22nd September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.