Global Initiative for Health and Right is a Non governmental Ogarnisation, which emerged out of the direct need to comprhensivly and sustainably address the rising prevalence rate of new HIV infection amongst youths within the Niger Delta and other parts of Nigeria. The organisation with its head office in Rivers state is registered with both cooperate affairs commision and the state ministry of health.
Job Position: Clinician
Job Location: Rivers
Needle and Syringe Programs’ (NSP) primary goal is to improve the health of People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs), so it is essential to deliberately seek the involvement of active PWIDs. Active PWIDs have insight into current cultural norms, practices, and needs among people who use drugs, and may be able to gain trust more easily from participants; their involvement will reinforce the program’s respect for active PWIDs. Needle and Syringe Exchange program (NSEP) can serve a number of purposes. GIHR will initiate her NSEP programs:
- Tapping into existing social networks to reach PWIDs in areas where people are not currently accessing NSEP services. This program will use peers to bridge the gap between participants and NSEP services.
- GIHR is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our program participants, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
- Provide and deliver quality health care as a competent and skilled Medical Practitioner.
- Provide medical services to PWIDs as part of GIHR Community Health Services
- Where practicable, be involved in PWID health issues at a community level and be an active representative and advocate for GIHR services.
- Hotspots visit services where necessary
- Provide specialized skills where agreed to as part of the role.
- Develop care plans, conduct health assessment
- Assist with the integration of health promotion and the social model of health into the Community Medical Practice.
- Participation in relevant organizational meetings and planning forums as requested.
- A Bachelor of Medicine credentialed to practice as a qualified Medical Practitioner/General Practitioner.
- Demonstrated experience as a General Practitioner working in a Community Health setting.
- A sound knowledge of general practice and community medicine.
- Experience working with PWIDs in the same capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with patients.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
16th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Leter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.