Adamawa State College of Agriculture invites application from suitably qualified candidate to fill this position.
Job Responsibilities (Duties)
- The Librarian is a Principal Officer of the College responsible for the Administration of the College Library and coordination of all Library Services in the entire College. The College Librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College library and coordination of all Library services in the College.
- He / She shall be responsible for framing Library policies, personal contacts and liaise with Departments on book requirements / giving professional advice on Library matters
Qualifications and Qualities of the Candidate
- Candidate must possess a good Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized University. Possession of a Master’s Degree or PhD in Library Science or Library and Information Science shall be an added advantage.
- The Candidate should not be below the rank of a Deputy Librarian or its equivalent.
- Candidate must be a member of a professional body in Library Science.
- The successful candidate must not be more than Fifty-five (55) years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates must present evidence of relevant publications in reputable local and international journals, seminars/conference papers or chapter contributions in relevant textbooks, or one standard textbook in Library Science.
- Candidates must have a minimum of Twelve (12) years of cognate experience in Libraries of recognized Tertiary Institutions and must not be below the rank of Principal Librarian.
- Candidate must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for the tenure of four (4) years in the first instance, but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Librarian in all state-owned Tertiary Institutions and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of Application Letter accompanied by 20 copies of detailed CV signed and dated by candidate. The CV must contain the following information among others:
- Candidate full name
- Marital status
- Current address including e-mail and telephone number
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Number of candidates supervised and graduated
- Research output
- Academic and non-academic recognition
- Professional achievement
- Scholarly publications in renowned national and international journals with dates and / or books
- Addresses of three Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
All applications should be addressed and forwarded to:
Adamawa State College of Agriculture,
P.M.B. 2088, Ganye,
Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by candidate to forward their reference report directly to the Registrar under confidential cover.
- Prospective candidate are advised to drop their Applications at the College Liaison Office, Ministry of Agriculture Headquarter, Yola
- Only shortlist candidate will be contacted.