The Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, Rivers State invites application from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position below, which would be vacant in August 2021:
- Job Position: College Registrar
- Job Location: Omoku, Rivers
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officers of the College and one of the Principal Officers of the Institution.
- HE/She is responsible to the Provost of the College for the day-to-day administrative workflow in the Institution.
- He/She is the Secretary to the College Governing Council, Academic Board and all Statutory Committees.
- He/She acts in an advisory capacity on rules, regulations and procedures of the College, keeps custody of the College Seal, Legal documents and records, in addition to the issuance of Certificates.
- Applicants for the post must be of proven integrity and has evidence of strong Administrative leadership, Management of Human Resources, good Human Relations and team player and other positive Managerial attributes.
- A good honours degree in any of the Social Science / Arts subjects with at least 21 years cognate experience and a Master’s Degree from a recognized Institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate experience. A Doctorate Degree holder with at least 15 years cognate experience is an added advantage, most of which preferably must be in the College of Education system.
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development course is required.
- Applicants must not be below the rank of a Senior Deputy Registrar.
- Possession of practical knowledge of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and membership of Professional Bodies like NIM, CIPM etc will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years as at the time of appointment.
The appointment shall be for an initial period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be re-appointed for one further period of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
Salary / Condition of Service
- The salary and allowances shall be as obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria. Other relevant benefits are as spelt out in the college Condition of Service and as approved by the Governing Council.
19th April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to forward fifteen (15) copies of their Applications (including credentials and up to date Curriculum Vitae) giving the following information as listed below:
- Full Name (Surname underlined)
- Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth / Evidence of Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality, Local Government / State of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status / Next of Kin
- Number and Ages of Children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualification obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Experience, Posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence, of proficiency in ICT
- Community Service
- Names, Address and Positions of three (3) Referees (one of them must be the present employer) who should be requested to forward their reports directly to the Provost.
All Application including three (3No) of the Referees Reports must be clearly marked “Application for the Post of Registrar” and should reach or be submitted to:
Federal College of Education (Technical),
PMB 11, Omoku,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.