Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumiaâ€™s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
Job Position: Senior Commercial Analyst
Job Location: Nigeria
- As Senior Commercial Analyst (Commercial Performance Manager), you will manage and coordinate the work of a small team of commercial analysts. This aims at bringing an exceptional growth for revenue, volume, margin, assortment and conversion rate.
- You will be definitely a main contributor for delivering a world-class customer experience and ensuring Jumia becomes the most beloved shopping destination for Africans.
- You will also be responsible for anticipating and structuring the commercial activity.
Your role will include 5 dimensions clearly identified:
- Business steering monthly and daily from topline to bottom line.
- Commercial event organization.
- Price management to ensure we offer the lowest prices across all markets.
- Weekly analysis of our Jumia actual trajectory versus business plan.
- Influencing / Coordinating other departments to ensure seamless execution.
- Coordinating the execution of the Performance Steering Actions (PSAs) with the Seller Management team.
- Giving daily and weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan.
- Defining, coordinating and executing Jumia promotional events, from Black Friday and Jumia Anniversary to weekly commercial events.
- Promoting the diversity on our websites by coordinating commercial teams and marketing teams to highlight strong categories level 3.
- Fostering deduplication on our platform (having a maximum number of vendors selling the same SKUs).
- Increasing the number of fast moving marketplace SKUs secured in Jumia Express to ensure a best in class commercial experience.
- Centralizing all BI requests from local and central commercial teams to ensure commercial has specs for each development needed and receive the right level of prioritization by our BI team.
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities.
- 6+ years experience.
- A significant experience in ecommerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus).
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
30th September, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.