WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start-Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 18 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
The main purpose of the job
- The Commercial Lead is responsible for implementing and managing Gas Plant Project activities, aimed at improving efficiency, as well as ensuring business growth and profitability over the long-term.
- The position incumbent is responsible for the delivery of day-to-day commercial framework, key policies and commercialization requirements during the development and project operations phases in collaboration with Commercial, General Manager.
- The role directs and coordinates activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies and in addition provides direction and structure for those specific departmental areas within the Company. Specific attention is given to real-time business performance monitoring, the creation of mutually beneficial business relationships/ partnerships, attainment of cross-company synergies across the business and efficient communication of commercial arrangements to all stakeholders.
(Strategic and operational tasks and responsibilities this job is expected to perform, and the end results to be achieved)
- Develop feasibility studies for business initiatives and oversees such initiatives from project phase to full implementation
- Develop and foster effective collaboration between the various functional areas/departments to ensure an integrated approach to providing high-quality products and services to customers, thereby fulfilling enabling the attainment of set goals and objectives over time
- Ensure the effective integration of corporate and functional business plans with day-to-day operations and in so doing regularly interfaces with individual operating entities to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of objectives
- Provide contribution in visioning, corporate/strategic planning, execution and business performance monitoring.
- Perform advisory services for effective pricing on all contracted products, based on the latest information in the sector and global changes
Qualifications & Experience
(Education, certification and experience required to perform the job)
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Analysis or other related areas.
- An MBA is an advantage
- 10 years of work experience, the last 4 which must have been in a senior role within a reputable and structured organization, preferably within a multinational Oil & Gas Company
- Solid business strategy development and execution skills
- Experience in new venture analysis and commercial evaluation and participation in negotiations with 3rd parties
- Good knowledge of technical and commercial aspects of gas chain projects, including key contractual drivers in gas domestic markets
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends