Amazon Energy Limited is a leader in the provision of innovative Integrated Energy Services, primarily to the Petroleum sectors. We also have strategic interests in downstream trading and shipping. Whether it is subsea, surface and concept development or decommissioning, our all-round technical expertise and strong partnerships provide energy companies the racetrack to success. Our history of engineering excellence even in the most challenging environments, combined with our approach steeped in deep local knowledge delivers great results for our clients and stakeholders.
Job Position: Commissioning Engineer (Electrical)
Job Location: Kwale – Site, Delta
- Designing, programming, testing, installation and commissioning of electrical equipment like power distribution panels, transformer, motors, soft starter, relays, lighting, lightning arrestor and Earthing.
- Preparation of electrical commissioning work packages and procedures and dossiers.
- Reviews designs/technical documentation and supervise contractors and subcontractors.
- Support of commissioning and start-up of an assigned scope of work including specific complex deliverables such as development of a detailed commissioning and start-up plan and schedule.
- Developing detailed commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned electrical systems.
- Provision of detailed technical analysis of electrical equipment in the plant.
- Supervise the Electrical Commissioning Team in meeting scheduled deadlines and ensuring the technical integrity of work carried out.
- Assist Construction with inspection and Punch Lists of installation and vendor packages.
- Acceptance of Mechanically complete sub-systems packages.
- Manage the completion of walk-downs and Punch Lists of offered system/sub-systems.
- Manage electrical vendor support during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems.
- Updating and forwarding the Punch List per system to the CMS/Database Operator.
- Ensure all documentation; tools, consumables and equipment are available to perform work scope.
- Coordination of functional testing of commissioned systems and engaging the Operations Team when and where needed.
- Provide Operations with technical support throughout start-up, stabilization and performance testing.
- Performing routine test of continuity, insulation, resistance and high potential on both LV and HV cables, motors, transformers, generators, bus bars etc. based on best industry standard.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience in electrical commissioning in oil and gas sector downstream or upstream.
- Proficient to the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e., API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Experience with 480VAC, medium voltage 4160VAC and above switchgear controls.
- Experience with Gas Generator start up and commissioning.
- Electrical Distribution Systems including 480v motor Control Centers.
- Lighting Systems and Distribution Panels.
Monthly Net Salary Range (N)
Competitive (dependent on experience).
17th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online