The West African Civil Society Forum (WACSOF), created by the ECOWAS, is the umbrella network of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) from the 15 member states of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). WACSOF is a Civil Society membership organization, which is a partner and advisor to ECOWAS and many institutions
- Job Position: Communication Volunteer
- Job Location: Nationwide
- WACSOF is looking for dynamic, hardworking persons for the *WACSOF COMMUNICATION VOLUNTEERING TEAM* to better cover the citizen’s reality in every country in WEST AFRICA. WACSOF wants to reflect on what is happening in the ECOWAS region and to feature the diversity of ECOWAS citizens in its communication platforms. Please note that the WACSOF National platform coordinator is the WACSOF spokesperson in the country. The team will work closely with the WACSOF National platform team.
Responsibilities and Scope of Work
- Gather information on the country related to the different thematic areas, information that can benefit the region and that could be posted on WACSOF communication platforms.
- Help feature CSO’s activities, so WACSOF regional could feature them in any communication platform.
- Invite your network to follow WACSOF on social media platforms. Help recruit new CSO’s.
- Share, like WACSOF postings on social media. Engage with our content daily across social media platforms and effectively use your online presence and following to help WACSOF grow a wider network. May contribute to WACSOF newsletters and other relevant publications.
- Connect WACSOF with the media community in the country and Help WACSOF to be known in the country. Help organize Press conferences when needed, in the country.
- When required, help Translate with languages (English, French, Portuguese). Be part of the quality assurance effort by pre-reviewing WACSOF publications before publications.
- Social media lover. Dynamic, reliable, hard-working team working person.
- Whatever your domain. Your country does not matter
- Added advantage if able to speak and write in French.
Benefits of Being a Communication Volunteer for WACSOF
- You will be part of collective success and influence the trends in the region. You will get to participate and contribute to the success of our events when it is happening in your country
- You will get to understand the workings and policies around the ECOWAS region, along with gaining some working knowledge around all thematic areas we will be working on.
- You will get a certificate of proof of Volunteering from WACSOF after a minimum of 6 months of consistently carrying out the responsibilities assigned to you.
- Possibility to be referred to paid opportunities when available
31st January 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.