The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the United Nations in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Due to COVID19, conflict in Ukraine and climate change, malnutrition and hunger have worsened significantly since 2019, reversing a decade of progress. There is growing recognition that our food systems need to change if we are to reverse these trends.
Job Position: Communications and Social Media Intern
Job Location: Abuja
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Communications and Social Media Intern, Children and Young People to support the Act4Food team on social media channels such as Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and the Act4Food website.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria office and is offered on a 6 months fixed-term contract basis.
- Reporting to the Youth Campaigns Coordinator, the intern will support the Act4Food team with communications specifically focusing on social media channels such as Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and the upkeep of the Act4Food website.
- You will be working on the youth led campaign, Act4Food and will be expected to work with young people and create content for this audience in relation to food systems for social media channels and website.
- Supporting the Act4Food campaign coordinator to regularly update social media content and the website.
- Working in collaboration with the Communications team to disseminate content (media stories, reports lessons learned, case studies) for Act4Food
- Updating and following a social media plan for all social media channels
- Coordinating with youth leaders to ensure they are represented on the social media channels and website and their stories are showcased appropriately
- Supporting administrative tasks and maintenance of website on behalf of the programme
- The post holder can be currently studying or completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Food Science or Nutrition, International Development or related fields.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience in developing creative content and ability to manage a website in WordPress
- You will possess excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English and able to work in a team environment and work within a fast-paced, multicultural organisation.
- Candidates with knowledge of another language would be an advantage.
- You will be computer literate in Microsoft office and have excellent ability to Ability to create social media plans and execute them across different networks.
NGN 150,000 / Month
2nd February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online