Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Job Position: Communications Officer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- We seek to recruit a skilled Communications Officer to support the project’s communications plan, develop communications tools and products, and disseminate project progress and successes to key audiences, including the client.
- The communications officer will cover all activities of Data.FI Nigeria, including but not limited to documenting all our activities like workshops, trainings, stakeholders’ engagements, etc., and providing support in the development of critical reports, briefers, and blurbs.
- The individual will be available for mentorship and work closely with the team and ensure that all project documentation meets the knowledge management requirements.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Communications Officer will report to the Country Director or designee and aligned with the global communication department.
- The role will be required to liaise closely with Data.FI teams, staff members, project operations, and other company employees.
- Write, edit, proofread all communications materials with the ability to tailor tone, content and form of written output in line with a range different audience and to suit a variety of formats.
- Synthesize and simplify information and communicate it in a lively, accurate and understandable manner.
- Produce high-quality communications materials (e.g., reports, blogs, articles, success stories, fact sheets, social media, website content) in English on tight deadlines in a dynamic environment and often with imperfect source material and direction.
- Contribute to all phases of production: idea generation, conceptualization and pitching, writing and editing, and polishing of communication products for final dissemination.
- Develop and manage contents; manage and coordinate with the teams on multiple products simultaneously to ensure deliverables are produced on time.
- Coordinate with multiple teams to source or verify data or information as part of drafting and finalizing content.
- Support development of specific communications products for the dissemination of learning and key knowledge products, including the capturing and editing of photos/videos of project events to create photo and video albums, and design and editing of case studies. Align them to the Global communication standards for the Palladium’s Data.FI project standards.
- Attend and document proceedings of program-related meetings as requested by the regional or country directors or their designee and be able to provide updated information and prepare reports of these meetings as required.
- Foster teamwork and shared leadership to achieve better results in the activities carried out in the program.
- Other activities as assigned by his/her supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, or related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated experience in writing, editing, photography, and communications is required; experience on a USAID Activity preferred, but not required.
- Knowledgeable of international or national development, health systems and public health technical concepts. Experience working on international donor projects.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Experience translating technical documentation into easy to digest content.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively use and manage multiple social media platforms to enhance visibility of organizations and projects.
- Ability to fact-check materials to ensure high standards for accuracy.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) to format reports using styles and presentation using layouts that are polished and follow best practices for accessibility.
- Knowledge of use of software programs for video editing and graphic design preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Advanced critical thinking, sound problem solving and decision-making skills; inject a unique energy and perspective into the writing and content writ large.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online