Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced communications specialist for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Write MEL activity and USAID/Nigeria related communication materials.
- Conceptualize, research, design, write and edit fact sheets, speeches, newsletters and other documents in support of the communications strategy of the MEL activity.
- Manage the development of communications documents and materials that require inputs from technical staff.
- Work with technical staff to develop, adapt and disseminate technical communication materials.
- Generate infographics, one-pagers and other communication schemes, with relevant information by the Activity or by any source according to USAID requirements.
- Ensure that all presentations, deliverables, training and technical reports of the activity comply with USAID’s Branding and Marking Plan.
- Work with the USAID press office and coordinate events related to USAID in Nigeria.
- Monitor MEL activity work to identify success stories and ensure they are captured, developed, edited, and distributed.
- Provide support to the Activity leadership to maintain effective communications with USAID, other partner organizations and stakeholders, including timely response to requests for information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public health, journalism or related field. Masters preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar communications role within international development organizations, preferably for USAID funded project(s).
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences.
- Experience facilitating workshops and communication skills training.
- Demonstrated experience with the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID reporting, branding, and marking policies.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Must be a legal resident of Nigeria.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills.