Agbeyewa Farms is a world-class agribusiness with farm operations in Ekiti State, Nigeria. We have foresight for expansion into Africa whilst we create decent jobs and economic opportunities for local communities and become a force to reckon with in the agribusiness on a global scale.
Job Position: Community Engagement Director
Job Location: Ekiti
- As Director of Community Engagement, you will provide leadership and vision for Agbeyewa Farms engagement team to successfully respond to the needs and goals of individuals and neighborhood groups.
- You will work closely with all Departments and staff to deepen community relationships, strengthen ongoing neighborhood connections whilst providing top notch advise for long-term success of community projects.
- Coordinating with staff members at the company’s main office to ensure that community outreach activities are implemented successfully.
- Detailed Reporting on community outreach activities and outcomes to leadership and top management.
- Researching and implementing an operating model and governance structure to support the needs of an integrated service delivery model centre based on feedback from the community.
- Design and drive the external stakeholder engagement plan to expand and strengthen relationships with local elected officials, community-based organizations, advocacy groups, and industry and trade associations to advance the strategic goals of the Agbeyewa business.
- Monitor, anticipate, understand, and report out on local policy activities, proposed ordinances and regulations, community issues and priorities, and competitive market information to develop recommendations and shape our positions, responses, and business development opportunities.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and liaison to interface with local community’s officials, county government program administrators, community leaders, advocacy groups, and industry and trade associations.
- Work in close collaboration with Brand/Marketing, Communications, Government Affairs, and Strategic Partner Engagement to develop and implement effective outreach strategies to enhance Agbeyewa’s reputation and public awareness.
- Anticipate and manage issues and threats to Agbeyewa’s reputation, proactively prepare for potential issues, and respond quickly to unforeseen issues, in coordination with multiple departments and internal stakeholders. If necessary, quickly organize, manage, and lead cross functional teams.
- Plan and promote Agbeyewa initiatives in respect to corporate social responsibilities and shape our community investment strategy and other strategic goals.
- Lead, mentor, coach, and develop a mid-sized team responsible for executing tactical community outreach and local government engagement plans.
- Manage strategic advisers and local government relations consultants.
- Represent Agbeyewa at internal and external meetings, events, presentations, and other such activities as requested or required to increase visibility and elevate the profile of Agbeyewa.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Ideal candidate should be resident in Ekiti State and must be familiar with the environment.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of community engagement experience.
- Understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral parts of effectively executing our work, this position will require ease and familiarity with connecting and relating to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional project management and time management skills. Proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize competing tasks, solve problems, and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to develop and implement strategic goals
- Flexibility in both work schedule and project implementation
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to initiate action and work independently or as part of a team
- Experience with group presentations and providing training and technical assistance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 – day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Mentoring and Counseling.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online