Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
- Job Position: Entry-level Community Mobilization Assistant
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Slots: 3
- ACF is looking for Community Mobilization Assistants who support Community Mobilization on Nutrition and Health through Community Health Influencers and Promoters Service Programme (CHIPS) in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- With technical support from CM Officer, support the roll down of CHIPS program through providing technical support to CHIPS agents, Community Engagement Focal Person (CEFP), CHEWs based on the national guideline.
- Support the establishment/strengthening of Mother to Mother Support Group (MtMSG), and deliver required technical support based on CHIPS manual.
- Support CM Officers in conducting a technical capacity assessment of health facility and health workers in promoting essential nutrition actions including health & hygiene.
- Keep track of other assessments conducted by different agencies, governments in communities and inform Community Mobilization Officers.
- Provide technical support to strengthen Ward development committee and carry out biannual meetings together with CM officer.
- Nomination, selection of CHIPS agents and CEFP as well as a mother to a mother support group
- Organize and facilitate training for CHIPS agents and CEFPs on care group modules & lesson plans.
- Support CM Officers in preparing budget plans for training, logistic requirements and financial requirements.
- Provide regular technical supervision visits and on-job coaching support to CHIPS agents in conducting care group sessions; reporting of care group activities etc.
- Support CM Officers in developing care group implementation work plan for LGA
- Support CM Officers in developing LGA budget planning reviewed work plan on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Support the CHEWs and CEFP to develop monthly action plan for responsible CHIPS agents in reference with agreed work plan.
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Nutrition, Education, Social Work, Psychology, Communications or related Social Science field.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in community mobilization work particularly in a humanitarian context.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local and state levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community members and leaders, partner agencies, and key contacts in the government.
Minimum Basic Salary
- N120,887 per month.
9th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online