Edgewood Consulting Limited – Our client, a leader in the Real Estate Industry, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Corporate Lawyer / Company Secretary
Job Location: Lagos
- Our client is seeking to fill the position of Corporate Lawyer. The senior lawyer must be strong in all aspects of the real estate business and will provide effective advisory services and guidance on strategic legal decisions for the Company.
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, Land procurement matters, and safety, security, insurance, and sustainability issues.
- Ethics and Compliance and governance services.
- To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
- To secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- To pro-actively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors on all matters relating to company law.
- Liaise with external counsel, regulators and other third-party service providers
- Responsible for all C.A.C legal compliance issues ensuring proper filing of annual returns and giving necessary notifications to the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Provide legal consultations to all departments /units where necessary and ensure the company’s interest is well protected.
- Draft and review contracts and internal policies as well as ensuring that company is in compliance with all statutory and legal requirements.
- Provide legal advice to Management on the following:
- Commercial and Property law
- Corporate governance
- In corporate and commercial transactions from negotiation to conclusion.
- Serve as custodian of all Company Service Level Agreements and other related documents (make it more robust).
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Carry out such administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Board and Management.
31st January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.