CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. Our Mission CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
- Job Position: Complaints & Feedback Mechanism Assistant
- Job Location: Borno
- Employment Category: Contract (1 year)
- Vacancy Type: National
- Slot: 1
- Reporting to: Protection Officer
Under the supervision of the Protection Officer, the CFM Assistant is responsible for ensuring mechanisms are in place in all CARE project sites to strengthen the quality and accountability of the emergency program especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints, and response mechanism. The CFM Assistant is also responsible for the provision of support to the Food Security project to strengthen Food security activities in the field in accordance with CARE principles and ensures field activities are executed in an efficient manner.
Support conducting of Protection Monitoring/ risk assessments/ rapid protection assessments, conduct referrals (including establishing referral pathways), following up of cases, identification of protection cases, weekly work planning, ensuring awareness on CFM, collection of complaints, documenting of the complaints in adherence to WFP and CAREsystems, feedback to communities and train on CFM, protection principles to CNMs, food committees.
- To assist the Protection Officer in working with program staff and beneficiaries to develop structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
- This role will also involve management of the CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated, and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
- The post holder with support from the Protection Officer will ensure the collection of quality complain and feedback across the response.
- The post holder will interface and support program team members, support program coordination, and policy engagement.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyze and communicate complex CRM systems.
- Assist in program updates for the responsible management and internal information sharing
- Assist Protection officer with data collection processes if needed
- Conduct field monitoring visits (including the use of the Quality benchmark/monitoring checklist) and facilitating focus group discussions
- Assist with implementation of program evaluations (data collection)
- Support MEAL in conducting assessments as needed
- Assist in handling, documenting, confidentiality, and security of all informational resource related to feedback and complaints from beneficiaries
- Support Complaints and Feedback Mechanism, including communicating responses to complainants; liaise with programs and operations to ensure prompt follow-up on feedback and complaints received
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
- BSc / HND / ND in Management, Social Research, and Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 1 year proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including a Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm, and other relevant global standards.
- Ethics focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post-conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual, and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa, and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation, and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
29th January 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online