Schlumberger Limited is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
Job Title: Completions Project Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Completions Project Engineer acts as the customer point-of-contact for business line operations, providing superior levels of support throughout the service delivery process and contract performance.
- The Completions Project Engineer leverages their technical expertise to make operational and technological recommendations that will optimize well completion and delivery.
- This person is responsible for driving customer satisfaction and service quality and is responsible for the cost of service delivery.
- Key competencies for this role are communication, planning, managing the relationship between scope, schedule, quality, budget, risk management, negotiation and personnel management.
- Designing and supervising the initial well completion
- Collaboration with the rest of the well delivery team departments, local authorities and regulators
- Making sure that the well delivery process is within the expected time and budget
- Well intervention, appraisal and testing
- Examining and making recommendations to solve well design problems, and to maximize daily output in a safe manner
- Modelling completion performance, then monitoring the actual result
- Examining test results, then performing stimulation techniques such as acidizing or fracturing
- Designing and applying sand control applications such as gravel packing or consolidation
- Optimizing workover plans and operations
- Complex well design and execution such as multilaterals
- Designing and preparing for well bore cleanups
- Determining and ordering supplies and equipment such as the correct type and quantity of cement or tubing
- Preparing cost estimates and risk assessments as part of the well delivery team
- Overseeing the physical aspects of the completions plan, keeping an eye on mud logs and other well logs
- Monitoring practical safety aspects and manufacturers use guidelines supplied with equipment
- Setting up and early monitoring of flow control and other sensory equipment
- Adjusting well design, equipment and settings according to the early feedback after the well starts producing.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum experience of 5 years’ experience in Well Completions
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online