Duplo is building the platform to power the next generation of financial services. Our mission is to help companies expand financial access for all. Our simple and powerful banking-as-a-service API helps companies quickly launch financial products.
Job Position: Risk and Compliance Manager, Payments
Job Location: Lagos
- We are seeking an experienced and diligent Risk and Compliance Manager to oversee risk management and compliance functions within our payments business line.
- As the Risk and Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining effective risk management and compliance frameworks.
- You will work closely with various stakeholders to identify, assess, and mitigate risks, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive risk management framework for the payments business line.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify and evaluate risks associated with payment operations, systems, and processes.
- Design risk mitigation strategies and action plans to minimize potential risks.
- Maintaining a risk register
- Monitor risk indicators, analyze trends, and proactively address emerging risks.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to ensure risk controls and mitigation measures are in place.
- Prepare and present risk reports to Business Leads, senior management, and stakeholders.
- Develop merchant risk assessment criteria and conduct due diligence reviews for all merchants in the payments business.
- Evaluate and monitor risks associated with merchants and service providers.
- Establish and maintain a robust compliance program aligned with regulatory requirements, including CBN guidelines for PSSPs.
- Monitor changes in the regulatory landscape and ensure ongoing compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and standards.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and controls to mitigate compliance risks.
- Conduct regular compliance audits and assessments to evaluate adherence to internal policies and external regulations.
- Provide guidance and training to employees on compliance matters.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and respond to inquiries or requests for information.
- Develop and execute a fraud prevention strategy specific to the Nigerian fintech industry.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities in the payment system.
- Monitor transactions and analyze suspicious activities using fraud detection tools relevant to the Nigerian market.
- Lead investigations into flagged transactions promptly and accurately.
- Manage and mentor a team of fraud analysts with an understanding of the Nigerian fraud landscape.
- Oversee relationships with Nigerian third-party fraud prevention vendors and tools.
- Stay up-to-date with Nigerian industry regulations and prepare reports on local fraud trends and prevention efforts.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and customer support teams to implement fraud prevention measures tailored for Nigeria.
- Conduct regular fraud awareness training for employees and Nigerian merchants.
- Identify areas for process improvement within fraud management to optimize efficiency in the Nigerian context.
Internal Control and Governance:
- ISO standards Implementation
- Implement and maintain an effective internal control framework to safeguard payment operations and mitigate risks.
- Develop and enforce governance structures, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal audit to facilitate audit activities and address findings.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of internal controls and governance structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management, or a related field. A relevant professional certification (e.g., Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional) is preferred.
- 5-7+ years of relevant audit experience, Fintech/Banking/Financial sector experience preferred.
- Proven experience in risk management and compliance within the payments industry (Payment Facilitators in Nigeria).
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines, particularly those issued by the CBN and the card schemes.
- Familiarity with risk assessment methodologies, compliance frameworks, and internal control systems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and evaluate risks effectively.
- Excellent understanding of payment operations, systems, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate complex risk and compliance concepts to various stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal teams, vendors, and regulatory authorities.
- Attention to detail, integrity, and a commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online