Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
Job Position: Compliance Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- To conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies, and develop and implement compliance policies in liaison with regulators.
- To assess and report on compliance risks, investigate incidents and take action to ensure compliance.
- The Compliance Officer reports to the Head, Regulatory Compliance.
Regulatory and Compliance Management:
- Identify instances of non-compliance with the Interswitch’s policies and procedures and / or relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, reporting these and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Investigate standard incidents using current regulatory and compliance processes, systems and procedures, and take action to solve immediate compliance issues.
- Analyse business processes and workflows to identify bottlenecks and redundant compliance tasks and execute processes enhancements to increase output efficiency.
- Provide operational support to Head, Regulatory Compliance by performing prescribed and non-routine compliance monitoring activities, using existing programmes and protocols; suggest improvement opportunities on compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Refer more complex issues to the Head, Regulatory Compliance.
Document Preparation, Insights and Reporting:
- Prepare moderately complex documents using a variety of computer applications and also responsible for gathering and summarising data /information for reports and training programmes and material.
- Contribute to the preparation of various data and analytics reports.
- Develop weekly progress reports which include activities progress against set timelines, key risk and control indicators, and overall improvements on current processes and procedures that minimise relevant risks; submit reports to Head, Regulatory Compliance.
- Consolidate and document Interswitch’s Compliance policies, procedures, and codes of conduct; monitor compliance against Compliance framework and provide feedback to Head, Regulatory Compliance.
Client and Customer Management:
- Assist Head, Regulatory Compliance to manage internal and / or external client and customer relationships by using relevant client systems.
- Resolve standard Compliance queries from internal or external customers or suppliers by providing information on policies and procedures, and referring the more complex issues to the Head, Regulatory Compliance.
- Attend meetings led by Head, Regulatory Compliance, along with relevant stakeholders, and acquire client needs on compliance processes and requirements and execute legal mitigation activities in line with communicated requirements.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and compliance specialists in the Compliance ecosystem.
- This is a list of possible tasks that could form part of the job:
- Assisting the Head, Regulatory Compliance with the updating of training programmes / manuals tailored to the Business needs, to reflect the most updated regulation changes.
- Carrying out research of legislation relevant to Interswitch’s business lines as well as drafting of summaries.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Interswitch approved Compliance risk-based customer onboarding and monitoring process.
- Identifying deficiencies in compliance measures and recommending appropriate remedial action plans to the Head, Regulatory Compliance.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; in collaboration with the concerned business areas and recommending action plans for resolution of problematic issues to the Head, Regulatory Compliance.
- Carrying out the review of new regulations affecting Interswitch and work with Team Lead, Compliance in developing a Compliance plan in that regard for approval.
- Monitoring the adoption of business specific Rule Book by the business teams and providing progress report to the Head, Regulatory Compliance.
- Analysing and identifying Compliance risks, processes, controls and provide escalations to Head, Regulatory Compliance.
- A University (First Degree)
- Possession of any of the following certifications is an added advantage
- Designate Compliance Professional (DCP)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- At least 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience should include:
- Knowledge of government laws and regulations affecting Interswitch’s business area.
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations in light of operations.
- Manages Complexity
- Instills Trust
- Optimises Work Processes
- Action Oriented
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Data Collection, Analysis, Review and Reporting
- Policy, Regulation and Procedures
- Compliance Management
- Planning and Organising
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Computer Skills
- Masters Service Conversations
- Navigates Customer Challenges
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online