VPD.MONEY is one of Nigeria’s leading digital banking platforms that provides its users with lifestyle financial services unifying wallet and digital banking experience in order to bridge the gap between Africa and the global e-commerce market. Enabling connectivity that drives performance powered by individuals, African – International SMEs, and the diaspora community seeking to trade or complete transactions in/with Africa.
- Job Position: Compliance Officer
- Job Location: Lagos
- VPD money is looking for a Compliance Officer who will be responsible for leading and driving compliance implementation to enable the expansion business.
- The incumbent will also ensure VPD Money maintains an excellent regulatory record, whilst ensuring customer. To be successful in this role, the incumbent should be familiar with all areas of regulatory compliance, interested in learning, and have experience & curiosity in the application of technology to solve compliance-related challenges.
- Ensure Suspicious Activity Reports, Sanctions Screening are fully investigated in line with regulatory requirements
- Design and implement processes that leverages best of breed technology to meet regulatory expectations whilst enabling the strategic and business goals of VPD Money
- Manage and continuously improve implemented compliance processes to ensure expectations are always met.
- Assess various risks such as – country, customer, product and cyber and report to management and boards.
- Escalate regulatory risks and policy breaches/ discrepancies, wherever necessary to the appropriate authority
- Recommend technology selection and usage for attainment of goals
- Remain current on industry developments and new rules & regulations
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience within a financial institution or financial technology (FinTech) company
- BSc / BA in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Experience in designing and implementing compliance processes
- Knowledge of applicable risk and regulatory requirements and the impact on the business
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
- Previous Fintech or startup experience is a must
1st April, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the subject line “Compliance Officer”