Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy which integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. We are solving the complex challenges facing businesses and societies all over the world. We also support clients in their digital transformation. Our role is important in the efficient functioning of society. We design, safeguard, and maintain the built environment – from infrastructure, mobility and buildings to energy, water supplies and industrial sites.
Job Position: Construction Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- As a Construction Manager, you are expected to deliver total success to allocated projects in green- and brown-field manufacturing environments.
- You will be leading and managing multidisciplinary (site) teams and act as the single point of contact to the client and the stakeholders.
- Construction Management of industrial buildings (FMCG / F&B).
- Scope, Time, Cost, Risk, Quality and Procurement Management.
- In charge of the construction management team during the execution phase.
- Chair regular coordination of technical meetings with the design & engineering team and also the contractors and other involved parties.
- Prepare construction schedules, and closely monitor the progress achieved. Interface management (Civil / MEP / Equipment) is considered as an important responsibility of the Construction Manager.
- Inspection and review of all (shop) drawings.
- Review, monitor and advise the client on variation orders by contractors and do the appropriate technical and financial negotiations on behalf of the client.
- Preparation of Contract Documents, Specifications, Bills of Quantities and supervision activities
- Liaise with all levels of clients, local authorities, contractors and specialist consultants on administrative and technical subjects
- Providing sound engineering judgement and advice.
- Writing technical and financial proposals.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline (Civil / Structural / Mechanical)
- 10-15 years experience in construction management and coordination (interface management) related roles within complex projects.
- Industrial oriented projects (factories, warehouses, and comparable) for Multinational clients.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, MS Project, presentation abilities, AUTOCAD.
- French speaking candidates are welcome to apply.
- The role requires frequent interaction with different levels of professionals and stakeholders on a high-profile project, therefore the candidate must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Royal HaskoningDHV is looking for a real team player and who can achieve goals by motivating and challenging the project teams.
- Possess initiative to see all assignments and projects through to completion.
- Able to work independently and in a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online