ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
Job Position: HR / Admin Consultant – WFP
Job Location: Maiduguri – Borno
- The HR/Admin Consultant will be responsible for managing physical and electronic personnel reference documents (by maintaining documentation, filing systems and contact data base), contractual agreement while supporting recruitments and the performance management process; as well as coordinate the front desk, office facility, hotels and other relevant service providers.
- Provide support to the HROE Manager on the performance management systems.
- Manage contractual agreements and renewals
- Manage the development and implementation of the staff development plans for each year
- Support trainings and workshops
- Support recruitment process from advertisements to resumption of new staff on the WFP project and as delegated
- Coordinate induction of new staff
- Maintain and update all employee records in personnel files (both electronic & hard copies)
- Manage the coordination of leave schedules, travel authorisations and Time Off in Lieu (TOIL)
- Support the coordination of the HROE unit reporting process in compliance with all reporting frameworks within and outside the affiliate
- Serve as contact person on staff insurance, medical and pension matters for staff
- Provide HR support for WFP project team
- Coordinate the front desk, office facility, hotels and other relevant service providers.
- All other responsibilities assigned by Line Manager and HROE Manager
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Service providers and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities
- Student membership of CIPMN or other relevant professional Institute
- At least two years post NYSC experience in HR/Admin
- Handling all logistics issues associated with HR
- Office administration experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in supporting the designing and co-ordination of training/meetings
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Team player
- Self motivated person able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
3rd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location (e.g “HR/Admin Consultant- Maiduguri”) as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.