WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization that harnesses the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce hunger and poverty. Globally, more than one billion people obtain most of their animal protein from fish and approximately 800 million depend on fisheries and aquaculture for their livelihoods.
- Job Position: Consultant (Project Officer)
- Job Location: Lagos
- WorldFish seeks to recruit an experienced consultant to work as a Project Officer to lead the development and provide oversight for implementation of all project activities in Nigeria as well as engage and communicate with key partners, stakeholders and support WorldFish activities.
- The consultant will also need to organize, assist in the organization, and actively participate in workshops, meetings, training and networking activities, follow, monitor, and keep records for the daily work in the project site of fish cages and write regular reports for the progress with all project activities.
- Multiple follow up visits to the demonstration site with providing monthly report.
- Arrange for meetings, workshops, exchange visits and report on each activity.
- Create networking groups for communication with documentation.
- Support in procurement of equipment needed for some aquaculture institutions (laboratory retooling).
- Help and supervise the procurement of genetically improved seed.
- Support feeding team with formulation of fish feed from local available sources.
- Collect data on fish performance throughout the entire production cycle.
- Follow up with consultants on all required consultancy work.
- Undertake any other assignment from the supervisors.
This opportunity might be suitable for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- University Degree in sustainable aquaculture development, cage culture technologies or any related background;
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in aquaculture with specific experience in cage aquaculture technologies with demonstrated success.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in aquaculture training.
- Experience managing and delivering on studies in a timely manner.
- Being a resident near the project site area in Afowo Badagry, Lagos in Nigeria.
Terms of Appointment
- This position is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and experience with an international research and development organization. The successful candidate should be available to commence by middle of May 2021 as soon as possible up until 31 January 2022. This position is open to national applicants.
- English (Native / Fluent writing and oral skills) and local Nigeria language.
7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Application process is rolling. Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information on or before the application closing date:
- A cover letter stating why you are interested in and well-suited to the position. Your cover letter should also demonstrate what you hope to gain from consultancy and daily rate in USD or your local currency.
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees (clients) you have consulted for.
- Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.