The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- Job Position: Consultant – Conduct PSM Capacity Improvement Training
- Job Location: Abuja
The National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) was established by the Federal Government in the Department of Food and Drugs Services in 2012 with the mandate to collaborate with all health programs and projects within and outside Federal Ministry of Health to ensure effective management of supply chain systems and championing efficient supply chain system. In order to achieve this mandate, NPSCMP is expected to possess some set of skills in her workforce.
Following an assessment of the capacity of the organization in 2019, some gaps were identified, which resulted in a Capacity Improvement Plan, CIP recommended to the Global Fund. The capacity improvement training is therefore a part of the capacity improvement plan (CIP) to close the gaps identified for the NPSCMP.
In the drive by the GF-RSSH project, MSH is seeking the service of a qualified supply chain expert to train the NPSCMP staff to close the gaps and improve the capacity that is resident within the establishment.
- The objective of this training is to provide well-tailored training to address the identified capacity gaps in NPSCMP and set the staff on the right course to deliver on the mandate of the organization.
- A maximum of 20 participants would attend the capacity improvement training
The CIP training would cover all the topics outlined below during the 5 days training:
- Innovation, Collaboration and Private sector engagement for supply chain improvement.
- Risk Management in Supply Chain
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Data Analysis using softwares:
- Power BI
- Strategic Communication in Supply Chain: The successful consultant shall ensure that each topic is led by a competent facilitator with adequate practical and theoretical knowledge of the subject matter
- The 5-day training agenda to be approved by NPSCMP and MSH prior to commencement of training.
- Softcopy of all presentations and support training material to make available to the trainees on the first day of the workshop.
- Pre and Post Test Results.
- Course evaluation forms received from participants.
- Final report of the training to include pre and post-test analysis of performance of participants.
- Duration of Training
- 5 Day Training, 3rd week in June 2020.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Pharmacy or related field with professional certification in the procurement and supply chain management (PSM) field;
- Extensive hands on experience (at least 10 years) and thorough understanding of the interplay of key components/elements of the procurement and supply chain;
- Ability to develop appropriate training contents and effective delivery techniques;
- Demonstrated experience and success in delivering similar courses;
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online