Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organization that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, coffee and other commodities.
As one of the Regional Expertise Centers (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, we are part of a growing global organization advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through the introduction of innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy. The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Côte D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
Job Position: Content and Curriculum Officer
Job Location: Ijebu-Ode, Ogun
- Funded by the Danida Market Development Partnerships (DMDP), the ADPN aims to improve the livelihoods of smallholder fish farmers while ensuring sustainable fish production within an enhanced aquatic environment.
- The project will build the capacity of fish farmers in aquaculture Best Management Practices (BMP), modern fish farming techniques for improved output while reducing pollution along the value chain. Additionally, the ADPN consortium will adopt the green initiative to provide solutions to the traditional problems in aquaculture i.e. GHG emissions associated with aquaculture practices, high water consumption, wastewater discharge, and high energy consumption.
- The solution to these specific challenges is therefore to develop and demonstrate a water purification technology to increase sustainable fish production and at the same time reduce environmental impact, reduce energy consumption through the use of solar energy to replace diesel generators, and to recycle nutrients.
- A multiplier effect will be achieved with the ADPN online platform which will contain three (3) key features; e-learning, e-commerce, and farm management software.
- The ADPN consortium; Solidaridad, Aller Aqua, TASCE (Tai Solarin College of Education), IDIPR (Ijebu Development Initiative on Poverty Reduction), AQUAMIND, and OXYGUARD, focus on the three pillars of sustainability; Economic, Environment and Social.
- The position is responsible for creating quality and authentic content that reflect the mandate of the project. The role will manage research and development processes suitable for the farmers, Extension Officers, Technical Aquaculture Specialists and students.
- The position will additionally create content on market opportunities and develop value propositions for farmers. Also maintain a balance between content’s creative authenticity and technicalities such as SEO, optimizing search engine rankings and clicks.
- Develop and manage tailored contents suitable for online and offline learning.
- Work closely with ICT and the Project Officer to upload and update contents on ADPN platforms and social media.
- Render (farm) assistance in content sourcing and development by working closely with the Media team (Photography & Video), Project Administrators, Extension Officers and farmers.
- Work with Technical Aquaculture Specialists to prepare courses into modules and well educative and unambiguous curricular for online and classroom training suitable for academic purposes.
- Train farmers on how to pitch business ideas and prepare pitch books.
- Keep record, data, research and market survey updated, safe and relevant for use at all times.
- Come up with innovative ideas in overall aquaculture practices that will promote projects’ objectives and deliverables.
- Assist ADPN team on administrative duties (such as Record Keeping, Meeting Scheduling and Reporting).
- Assist in project coordination and update towards beneficiaries, stakeholders and donors (such as updating project activities and plans where applicable).
- Assist the ADPN team and IT specialists to align project deliverables with the Solidaridad Code of Conduct.
- Train and assist farmers to develop viable business plans adequate to access soft loans / grants and other interventions from banks and investors
- Develop and carry out survey and data analysis that will address several challenges facing smallholder fish farmers (Farm Management, Extension Services and Commercial Engagement).
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences or with an academic background in Agriculture-related courses.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar role
- Must have completed the mandatory National Service (NYSC).
- Must be able to optimally use SPSS, SAP, MS Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Office 365), Google Applications (Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Cloud etc.) and other relevant applications.
- Very fluent in the use of English Language (Oral & Written). Ability to speak Yoruba is an added advantage.
- Must reside within Ogun State.
Others skills / Competencies:
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and tight deadlines and a strong will for excellence,
- Self-motivated, creative and results oriented with need for less direction,
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment,
- Team player with effective interpersonal and time management skills
29th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.