Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services. We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs. Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos, Anambra and Port Harcourt.
Job Position: Cook
Reports to: Admin / Customer Service Lead
- The Cook will be responsible for setting up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment as well as prepare healthy meals for inpatients with adherence to establishment recipes.
- Cooking meals in a timely manner
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to the recipe
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Slightly modify the recipe to meet patients need and requests
- Monitor food stock and make requisitions
- Work well under pressure and within time limit
- Serve meals at the scheduled time
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Estimate expected food consumption and organize preparation
- Keep records and accounts of food purchases
- Assist in developing new methods of cooking and new menu items
- Ensure that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and well maintained
Job Requirements and Experience
- 3 years’ work experience as a Cook in a corporate organization
- Proficiency in making local and continental dish
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment
- Good communication skill
- Evidence of Culinary certification or training
- Must reside in Abuja
2nd June 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.